Well - destroyed my M50 - new headphones 300-350$+ | THIS IS URGENT
Jul 23, 2014 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bugo57

New Head-Fier
I had a deatachable cable mod, now I decided to buy blu-tack and make a blu tack mod - it went very well with right side, sounded awesome - and then I did the left side where all the solders are and... thing went wrong... after 4 hours of resuscitation attempts - they were declared dead :'(
This are my favorite headphones - used em' for 2 years every day, used a HM5 pads on it - just perfect...

I am looking for a new pair...:
Budget: 300$+ (or -)
Music Type: Rock, Electronic, and classic ETC. sometimes
Use: Home only - got GR06 & UE6000 for outdoor
Type: OverEar
Comments: I love the sound signature of my M50.
I am looking for headphones for many hours use, needs to be comfortable also for gaming. I do not care to buy a DAC or amplifier or integrated though I have a great motherboard, it has a great DAC built in.

Thanks!

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #9 of 12
You'll probably love the HE-400 if you like the M50. I like both of them a lot.

Thanks dude.
I am flying to Canada tonight, to Calgary, and Hiking in the Rockies toward Vancouver and ends there, do you have any suggestions on a shop that I can hear them at and buy it?
I saw there is wwstereo but I don't know if its on my way, so something in Calgary or Vancouver maybe?

Thanks alot man

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #10 of 12
  Thanks dude.
I am flying to Canada tonight, to Calgary, and Hiking in the Rockies toward Vancouver and ends there, do you have any suggestions on a shop that I can hear them at and buy it?
I saw there is wwstereo but I don't know if its on my way, so something in Calgary or Vancouver maybe?

Thanks alot man

Headphone Bar
http://www.headphonebar.com/

It's in Vancouver and have a nice selection.  HE400 for $350 CAD.

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #11 of 12
Headphone Bar
http://www.headphonebar.com/

It's in Vancouver and have a nice selection.  HE400 for $350 CAD.
This is what I was going to suggest as well :wink:. They say in the product description that it's their final batch of HE-400's so velour pads come free. I really suggest using the velour pads because it makes the upper midrange and lower treble less recessed, without affecting the bass very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back