Well, call me a Rookie and send me home, I guess.
May 27, 2014 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Boochie

100+ Head-Fier
Listening to some music tonight on Spotify.  Spotify recommended I listen to a compilation of The Eagles. Love the Eagles and it had been a while since I had listened to them so I qued up several of my favorite tracks (Hotel California, Desperado, Tequila Sunrise, etc....).  Found a The Very Best of the Eagles album from 2003 and began to listen to several other familiar tunes.

Then I stumbled up on couple of songs I was not familiar with.  I thought I had heard every good Eagles song there is but WOW, was I wrong !!!!  Found two songs : Doolin-Dalton and Ol' 55 that I don't guess I have ever heard before.  I think these two songs may be my favorite Eagles tunes.  If you have not heard them before, I highly recommend you listen to Doolin-Dalton and Ol' 55 by the Eagles.  Great stuff. 

Why have I never heard these two songs before !!!????  Call me a Rookie and send me home !!!

Have you ever stumbled up on a song and thought "How is it that I have never heard this song? "

May 27, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 6
Absolutely, I love it when stuff like this happens!  I think I got everything with a band's discography then I hear a song I'm not familiar with on pandora and I literally say "How'd I miss this?"  

It's kind of bitter sweet really.  I'm glad that I have more music to enjoy now but at the same time I fear that maybe I'm missing great songs from some of my other favorite artists as well.  

May 27, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 6
  Love that Ol' 55 song.

Listen to Doolin-Dalton.  It may be the best song the Eagles have ever done !!

And for those of you wondering.  Here is Ol' 55:

May 28, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #6 of 6
^ That particular album was more or less spoon-fed to me. One of my parents favourites so plenty of air time and when the mood is right, I'm still really liking most songs. There's something about these guys melodies and just song making so simple yet so musical and sweet.

Check out the trailer of their nice documentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back