Well built/comfortable Grado alternative
Oct 3, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by powerhouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am familiar with MB quart and their car audio equipment but I have never heard of them making headphones. I can't see to find much info on their website or ebay about these phones.... do you have any links or reviews to share?

The *NEW* MB Quart incarnation is a company called "German Maestro." I promise that if you do a title search for "quart" and for "maestro" you'll find interesting, provoking information.

I won't go into to it at length. I *just* bought some very nice woodied SR225s. They sound very nice and a bit stunning with good amplification. But the sound out of the quarts is nearly as detailed and *slightly* more refined. Man, if you want to get some more Grados, there's only a million people on this site who will sell to you. Have a look at that Quart/Maestro info before you commit to your next set of Grados.

Oct 4, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #17 of 17
Today I ended up buying new pads (HD414 replacements) and I cut off the Y connector and all but 1" of the cable on the right side, I then spliced the thinner cable onto the left side to make it longer and routed it through the headband and then joined it all on the right side. I am hoping this will extend the life another year or two for me.

I really like not having the Y connector tangling with everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back