Welcome Back to Head-Fi.org. I'm Sorry About the Extended Outage
Nov 25, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #16 of 353
Thanks a lot for all the hard work, I am glad head-fi is back
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #18 of 353
Yeah, It's great to be back. I was waiting for this to happen.

Great job guys an many thanks for all the efforts!!

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #20 of 353
Thanks for all of your hard work Jude. We are all happy to be back to our favorite community.

Some questions and things I noticed for you:

1) Are our logos going to be on top of our messages from now on, instead of on the left hand side? Is this a new user interface or is it something you are working on?

2) Our "title" changes back and forth, mine first said Senior Member, now it says 100+ Head-Fier. I'm sure you are working on this, though.

3) Emoticons are not current

4) Signatures were backdated to several months ago. Will this be restored or should we just make new ones? (I hope I remember how)

5) My feedback link in my signature now posts to a South Florida User meet thread.

Thanks again for all your hard work,
PJ

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #22 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for all of your hard work Jude. We are all happy to be back to our favorite community....

Thank you guys for coming back. I'm happy to see it up again, too.

Quote:

....1) Are our logos going to be on top of our messages from now on, instead of on the left hand side? Is this a new user interface or is it something you are working on?...

That's the way it came set when we did a fresh vbulletin reinstall. I actually think I like it better that way, but I guess we could put it to a vote eventually. Right now, I'll leave it as is, as there's so much else to work on.

Quote:

....2) Our "title" changes back and forth, mine first said Senior Member, now it says 100+ Head-Fier. I'm sure you are working on this, though....

This should be fixed now.

Quote:

....3) Emoticons are not current....

One of countless things on the to-do list. I have to see what I can find of the old emoticons, either in the data we have left to sift through, or cached copies somewhere.

Quote:

....4) Signatures were backdated to several months ago. Will this be restored or should we just make new ones? (I hope I remember how)....

I had no idea signatures were affected (I'll add that to the list). To answer your question as best I can, I wouldn't count on getting those back, and would encourage you to instead create a new one. Again, I didn't realize until you mentioned it that the signature data was obviously pieced in from an older set of data. Sorry about that.

Quote:

....5) My feedback link in my signature now posts to a South Florida User meet thread....

Yes, all hand-coded links to posts/threads (like in the posts, signatures, templates, etc.) will have to be edited as we find them, because the way we were able to get the most current post/thread/registration data back up involved a process that changed all the post/thread URLs, and even some Member user numbers. Again, sorry about that, but it was the best we could do with what we had.

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #23 of 353
Quote:

Thanks for all of your hard work Jude. We are all happy to be back to our favorite community.

Some questions and things I noticed for you:

1) Are our logos going to be on top of our messages from now on, instead of on the left hand side? Is this a new user interface or is it something you are working on?

2) Our "title" changes back and forth, mine first said Senior Member, now it says 100+ Head-Fier. I'm sure you are working on this, though.

3) Emoticons are not current

4) Signatures were backdated to several months ago. Will this be restored or should we just make new ones? (I hope I remember how)

5) My feedback link in my signature now posts to a South Florida User meet thread.

Thanks again for all your hard work,
PJ

its the same for us all, everything is confused and orphan links

i am sure it will be ironed out eventually, just not a priority in comparison

siggys are gone, i had to work from memory and profiles are virtually gone, save a bit.

remind me to text file and sscreen shot everything from now on
frown.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:27 AM Post #24 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its the same for us all, everything is confused and orphan links

i am sure it will be ironed out eventually, just not a priority in comparison

siggys are gone, i had to work from memory and profiles are virtually gone, save a bit.

remind me to text file and sscreen shot everything from now on
frown.gif

You were probably posting your post while I posted mine (immediately above yours).

Unfortunately, I think the wrong-way-pointing hand-entered links are just going to have to corrected over the long run manually, as we as a community run into them. There was just nothing we could do to avoid this, given what we were left to work with.

Again, I'm sorry about these problems.

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #25 of 353
Quaddy i found an easy way to get my sig back, i searched for the last thing i bought on headfi (alo modded sr-80) on google and instead of clicking on the direct link i clicked on the cached link. Bingo my signature as it was before the outage. Its worth a try.

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #26 of 353
Thanks for all your hard work guys! I work with these stuff as well, so I've got a fair idea of how much work it is... I'm glad you managed to get all the important stuff back!
smily_headphones1.gif

Just a small bug I found on the first page (right on Head-Fi.org: Headphones, iPod earphones, portable audio, MP3 players, high-end audio that is), the first login form is just pointing to login.php, the second one is linking to Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Powered by vBulletin, so only the second one works.

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #28 of 353
Thanks for bringing the site back up. I never realized how much this site has become part of the daily routine until it went down.

Thanks again for all your hard work and your staff.

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #30 of 353
Thanks for all the hard work! Glad the site's back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back