Welborne Labs PS1 regulated power supply + Toroidal Transformer - Tranny wiring question
Sep 20, 2008 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Pricklely Peete

Franken modder
Hi Fellow DIY junkies,

I bought this kit (PS1) from Welborne Labs, have stuffed and assembled the PCB but have run into a small snag with the instruction sheet and transformer supplied with the kit.

The sheet gives one set of color codes with the transformer having another set,some match some do not. It's the correct Toroid I believe.

It has this wiring scheme (order on primary before twisting into pairs is blue red brown green). Sorry about the crappy pics.....

PS1Toroidwiringscheme001.jpg

PS1Toroidwiringscheme.jpg

with the assembly sheet showing these combos 115V AC.....Welborne Labs PS1 Regulated Supply

scroll down a bit to see wiring diagram.

In the pic above I have wired the toroid as follows

blue-brown
red-green primary pairs for L and N

red-yellow -V gnd
black-violet secondaries +V gnd

That's just a guess. I've sent an email off to Welborne about the changed colors of the toroid but I doubt I'll get an answer until Monday. I'd like to test this reg out tomorrow if possible.

I'd appreciate any help with this minor problem please
smily_headphones1.gif

TIA !!

Peete.

Sep 20, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #2 of 3
Does the label on the trafo offer any information? Even just who manufactured it might be enough to find the information you're looking for.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the label on the trafo offer any information? Even just who manufactured it might be enough to find the information you're looking for.

Hi n_maher,

Oddly it has nothing but a part number and a manufacturer label, indicating nothing useful. The owner of Welborne Labs, Ron Welborne actually cleared up the mystery for me today and apologized for the mix up with the data sheet not reflecting current parts inventory.

I thanked him for his diligence and his time.

Thanks for trying to help as well Mr maher, I appreciate it !!
smily_headphones1.gif

I actually had the pairs right, just the primary and secondaries were backwards as it turned out
smily_headphones1.gif

Now it's on with the experiment
smily_headphones1.gif

Best Regards,

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back