Welborne Labs now has Vishay/Dale resistors!
Oct 26, 2002 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

antness

Member of the Trade: HeadAmp
Dunno if this has been posted...but I just noticed Welborne Labs is now carrying the Vishay/Dale resistors that are extremely popular here for DIY. They have a lot of values and the price is good (20 cents a piece). A good choice for those who are already ordering from Welborne and don't want to have to go elsewhere for the resistors, or if you don't want to have to search through the Mouser catalog for the right value.

Oct 27, 2002 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 8
just fyi, welborne's been carrying them for a while, i believe since the non magnetic holcos were discontinued. they are the rn55/rn60 (the brown turd looking resistors). agree on the value for the pennies, match very well to each other to boot (the best matched resistors of the cheap resistors i've tried). welborne labs ships fast as well.

(edited due to a fairly funny typo)

Oct 27, 2002 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

welborne labs ****s fast as well.

A typo.......or not.
biggrin.gif

Carlo, you crack me up.

Oct 27, 2002 at 5:49 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Just wondering. . . what's the big deal about them carrying them? I mean, mouser has been for a while. Forgive my ignorance.

I thought the same thing when I first saw the thread title, but as antness said in his post:

Quote:

A good choice for those who are already ordering from Welborne and don't want to have to go elsewhere for the resistors, or if you don't want to have to search through the Mouser catalog for the right value.

However, the Vishay/Dale resistors at Welborne Labs are only 1/2 W and 1 W, so they may be too big if you're after something for a tight PCB.

Oct 27, 2002 at 7:26 PM Post #7 of 8
Hello,

RN55/60 are obtainable at Mouser and several other known distributers.

Note also that RN series are manufactured by many different companies. IRC version is pretty good as well.

Note CMF55/60 are pretty identical resistors. (RN is mil-spec) They are commercial spec. Depending on availability, you can choose either.

Tomo

Oct 28, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Possum
I thought the same thing when I first saw the thread title, but as antness said in his post:

However, the Vishay/Dale resistors at Welborne Labs are only 1/2 W and 1 W, so they may be too big if you're after something for a tight PCB.

wow, I feel dumb.
frown.gif
How did I miss that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back