Weirdest playback error yet?
Sep 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

julian67

500+ Head-Fier
I wanted to compare the sound of a couple of different players and also the Fuze+ with Sansa firmware vs Rockbox. First I listened to a flac track on the Fuze+ and an iRiver player, each running Rockbox, and believed I noted some differences, so next I booted the Fuze+ into original Sansa firmware, selected the same track and started playback. After a while I rewound to a particular place I had been concentrating on and it seemed very different than before. I checked my other player and also my PC's integrated headphone out and then my receiver's headphone out (connected to PC via toslink). Here it is:

The channels had reversed! The file had started out playing with the left channel on the left and the right channel on the right but after rewinding the channels reversed!

I wondered if I imagined it or had been mistaken but I have been able to reproduce this repeatedly even after rebooting the player and starting playback again from the beginning (not resuming). In normal playback it's fine but rewinding often swaps channels. I just checked and fast forwarding can do this too :eek: This is the exact same file on each player and on PC and the md5sums all match.

With the same player playing the same file but running Rockbox this never happens, and I have tried.

If there are any Sansa Fuze+ firmware developers or QA people reading this please let us all know what you people smoke and drink and where we can get some, thanks.

I've never had a device or app with this bug before, how about anyone else?

Sep 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 4
My iPod touch 4G on a Pure i20 exhibits this behavior.

Sep 4, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 4
Yes, the iPod always works correctly. The DAC in the i20 sometimes reverses channels if you pause or jump around in a track. Hitting stop and play, or reseating the iPod immediately fixes it.
I can't imagine Apple getting this wrong but I've seen Pure products that I found unimpressive. I assume the iPod alone works normally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back