Weird Tweak Alert: Placing amber on your hi-fi components?!
Oct 4, 2001 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

evilcthul

100+ Head-Fier
I think the URL speaks for itself:
http://www.1388.com/products/pavane.htm

evil_smiley.gif

Oct 4, 2001 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 14
hahahah! i've read 1388 for a long time and lemme just say that we shouldn't make fun of jude anymore for his tweaks. 1388 makes me laugh really hard, but whatever, different strokes for different folks.

ps. no money no honey, no money no talky!! drink too much you get overhang!

pps. sorry for making jokes about bad english.

Oct 4, 2001 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 14
I stick to my 5 inch thick heavy German-English / English-German dictionary which I keep on top of my NAD 502 to dampen any resonance from the less than perfectly built enclosure (or whatever the correct term for the outer shell is - I don't want to move my dictionary from its sweet spot
smily_headphones1.gif
). Works well and I could probably come up with a theory of how the transmission of vibrations through thousands of thin pages has some special properties that makes the sound particularly pleasing....
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2001 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 14
Ah yes, but have you tried a spanish-english dictionary? Makes the music "muy caliente!"
(Can be enhanced by carefully aranging chili peppers on top of your equipment.)

Oct 9, 2001 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Budgie
Ah yes, but have you tried a spanish-english dictionary? Makes the music "muy caliente!"
(Can be enhanced by carefully aranging chili peppers on top of your equipment.)

Chili peppers are bad for acoustics, creating farting noises on the circuits. Try a bottle of Pepto Bismol instead.

Oct 11, 2001 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Amber Tweak 1
The improvement is exhilarating as you never knew that you system can sound so sweet and elegant, and music is just flooding to your ears.

Ya gotta love it!

Oct 12, 2001 at 10:23 PM Post #11 of 14
And here I thought I have seen everything...
I believe this tweak has more to do with psychology than with reality.

Oct 23, 2001 at 11:19 PM Post #13 of 14
...and I think she would resent being asked to sit on my equipment...uncaged tubes...I better stop myself now before I dig any deeper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back