Weird symptom!! Am I virus infected?
Feb 25, 2002 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
ok, I'm using my secondary computer right now because a minute ago my primary computer did something strange. I was reading a thread here at head-fi when IE crashed (that's not the strange thing...) and a male voice suddenly said: "Alpha.. Bravo... Charlie... Echo..." (I'm not sure if it was in that order)
Well, I instantly freaked out and shut down my computer.

Does anyone know about this? What should I do?

eek.gif
eek.gif

Feb 25, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 15
Maybe I should start using my speakers more?

My computer is up to all kinds of weird stuff at the moment... worst of which is, that it is only able to connect to the internet after about the 50th (NO joke!) attempt
frown.gif

Can't say I've heard of that... luckily my Virus definitions are up to date
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2002 at 10:10 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
It could be a virus or you triggered a online advert of some sort.

Yeah well that's what I thought.... So have anyone heard of the virus? Or perhaps the ad?
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2002 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 15
Do you use kazaa or some other program, i know kazaa has some ad where a cyber Cameron Diaz talks...really scared the crap out of me the first time.

Feb 26, 2002 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 15
One day, when opening one of those pages you are not supossed to open at work, I got this crappy music and a female voice saying: "Hi, I am Candy, welcome to my webpage...." and then all this windows opened at the same time. Lucky me, nobody was looking, but for a few seconds I felt really scared. Maybe Flasken was looking at stuff his mama should know about
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2002 at 1:12 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
One day, when opening one of those pages you are not supossed to open at work, I got this crappy music and a female voice saying: "Hi, I am Candy, welcome to my webpage...." and then all this windows opened at the same time. Lucky me, nobody was looking, but for a few seconds I felt really scared. Maybe Flasken was looking at stuff his mama should know about
wink.gif

My god, I think I've had a run-in with the same ad
eek.gif

A very bad time to have speakers on...

Feb 26, 2002 at 1:13 AM Post #8 of 15
You should always have speakers off if you even think you might encounter risque material.

Feb 26, 2002 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
Weird symptom!! Am I virus infected?

Does anyone know about this? What should I do?

Wear a condom next time
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I agree with thecity. Update your antivirus software and do a scan. Better safe than sorry.

Feb 26, 2002 at 2:44 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
You should always have speakers off if you even think you might encounter risque material.

what are you all talking about?!? why aren't you using your headphones!

Feb 26, 2002 at 2:50 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster

what are you all talking about?!? why aren't you using your headphones!

I usually take a hour break when listening to my cans. The incident happened in that moment.

Feb 26, 2002 at 3:33 AM Post #14 of 15
Well, I can just imagine my wife's reaction if something like that happened to me in the house. Anyway, whenever I am working late at home I try not to look into adult stuff, just in case something happens.

Feb 26, 2002 at 11:32 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
Well, I can just imagine my wife's reaction if something like that happened to me in the house. Anyway, whenever I am working late at home I try not to look into adult stuff, just in case something happens.

Good choice... You'd end up in a world of hurt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back