weird static noise when moving mouse and also constant pulsing sound when using motherboard rear audio line out jack
Jul 2, 2020 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Glutenfreechips

New Head-Fier
hey all,
i have a Asrock z390 taichi, and i want to use my motherboards line out port for my headphones so i can use my 7.1 audio and my realtek drivers. the audio port also seems to be more balanced, as my front case panel audio port has a weird left and right balancing issue it seems. but for some reason, when i use my line out on my motherboard, i experience a very subtle but noticeable pulsing sound and my headphones pick up a static interference whenever i move my corded mouse around.

any help would be appreciated, i currently do not have a dac/amp or anything external hooked up to the line out on my motherboard. its just my headphones directly in there.

Thanks!

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 3
hey all,
i have a Asrock z390 taichi, and i want to use my motherboards line out port for my headphones so i can use my 7.1 audio and my realtek drivers. the audio port also seems to be more balanced, as my front case panel audio port has a weird left and right balancing issue it seems. but for some reason, when i use my line out on my motherboard, i experience a very subtle but noticeable pulsing sound and my headphones pick up a static interference whenever i move my corded mouse around.

any help would be appreciated, i currently do not have a dac/amp or anything external hooked up to the line out on my motherboard. its just my headphones directly in there.

Thanks!

I'm not an expert, but I generally find my desktop also picks up a lot of electromagnetic interferance when used directly into the motherboard line out.

It disappears with a DAC/AMP, and some of these cheap DAC/AMPs generally have better sound quality than the desktop sound cards too.
These DAC/AMP dongles can be gotten for $30ish USD eg Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, and I really can't go back to using the normal line out ever since I tried these dongles.

Jul 3, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #3 of 3
To echo what's already been said, I've had good results with even $5-10 USB dongles.
They're all fundamentally the same thing on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back