Weird static in earphones
Mar 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Question2

100+ Head-Fier
So i just got a new pair of earphones but i noticed that theres a very noticeable static noise coming from the earphones that i can hear when i have them in my ear, but not playing music, etc.

If i unplug the earphones but leave them in my ear, the noise dissapears. The same if i mute the volume control on my computer. The computer is only on volume 20.

Any idea what could be causing this? Or whether theres an official term for this static noise?

Forgot to mention : at high volume settings the static becomes much more noticeable. At 90 volume for example, i can hear it loud and clear.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 8
Could be anything... computers are a haven for EMI/RFI.  Add wifi and cell phone signals to the mix of potential possibilities.

Does it go away when you turn off your wifi router, or move it far away from your computer?

Does the noise go away if you relocate your cell phone? 

Mar 23, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 8
I agree with the other posters. Sounds like some kind of interference. And if you have headphones with a high sensitivity rating, that will make it even more obvious.

What make/model are your headphones?

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #5 of 8
Im using DIY Yuin pk2s that i got off ebay.

The router is nowhere near me (i live in a college dorm)

Not sure about the cellphone thing but i moved it as far as i could...the static noise today is a lot quieter too i think....but i can still hear some of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back