weird problem with computer while using a dac
Jan 3, 2008 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gallardo88

100+ Head-Fier
When listening to my computer with my dac ( so using a usb cable) I hear every minute or so 2 or 3 clicks. also some noise comes out in one channel, then the other.
I have no idea what could be causing this. Anyone able to help me out? thanks

Jan 3, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by gallardo88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol sorry about the title, there's an extra while.
i meant to say " weird problem with computer while using a dac" . it won't let me edit that...

Click "Go Advanced" while editing.

Jan 3, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #4 of 8
Go to whichever media player you use, and in settings/options find buffer size. Increase the buffer size until the issue does not occur. If your software does not have the option, time to download Foobar2000.

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #5 of 8
malos, i have vista. in windows media player, in the options sections there's "network buffering". Is that what you're talking about?

thanks thread. It should be edited now.

Jan 4, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 8
No, that's not what MaloS is talking about.

This could be a number of things... my first guess would be that you're using wi-fi but that's just a wild guess because you haven't provided us with much information.
Please use the search function for other causes and previous attempts at troubleshooting similar symptoms.

Jan 5, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #7 of 8
What kind of DAC?

What are the symptoms surrounding the skips (i.e. does it only occur when you multi-task or run something processor-intensive)?

Have you tried using another media player? Foobar and others allow you to change the buffer setting for the output device to minimize drop-outs.

Is the USB cable in good condition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back