WEIRD PROBLEM WITH AMP, HELP!
Jun 11, 2005 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jono3642

Head-Fier
I bought a TBH for my desktop computer about six months ago. Today, I thought it would be interesting to see what it was like through a decent cd player. So I got a stereo to phono adapter and tried it with my Linn Unidisk. The red light (that indicates clipping) started flashing and the sound was awful no matter how low the volume was. Then I tried it with another cd player, then another, then I tried changing the batteries, all the same.

Am I missing something, all I am trying to drive are some SR-60's, any ideas?
With the computer they work fine, whether I let the batteries or USB power it. But whatever normal CD player i try and use them with I get the same result, clipping. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 11, 2005 at 6:55 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jono3642
I bought a TBH for my desktop computer about six months ago. Today, I thought it would be interesting to see what it was like through a decent cd player. So I got a stereo to phono adapter and tried it with my Linn Unidisk. The red light (that indicates clipping) started flashing and the sound was awful no matter how low the volume was. Then I tried it with another cd player, then another, then I tried changing the batteries, all the same.

Am I missing something, all I am trying to drive are some SR-60's, any ideas?
With the computer they work fine, whether I let the batteries or USB power it. But whatever normal CD player i try and use them with I get the same result, clipping. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could it be cause the cd players source signal is too strong for the TBH to handle? My old cmoy has this problem when plugged into my cdplayer. I used a extra volume control adapter to control the signal strength coming from the cdplayer.

Jun 11, 2005 at 7:27 AM Post #3 of 4
I had the TAH, and I found that the gain on that is waaay too high for grado, it is more suited to drive 120-220 phones not 32 ohm ones. so basicly as soon as you turn the darn thing on it starts to clipping. your best bet is to use a lowly cdp or pcdp or some comp source cuz good cdp is too good for TAH/BH...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back