WEILIANG AUDIO E600 - DEFECTIVE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Jul 19, 2019 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

omegaorgun

Previously known as FireLion
WARNING! AMP IS NOT FULLY BALANCED. IT HAS LOTS OF OUTPUTS BUT IS SE EVEN ON XLR. SOUNDS GOOD BUT IS UNBALANCED. SOME OUTPUTS ARE REVERSED SO L IS R AND R IS L. SOME UNITS ARE DEFECTIVE. ALL THE SELLERS SHOULD READ THIS AND CHANGE THEIR LISTING.

Fullly balanced input and balanced output

Truly balanced input and output For lower distortion and dynamics, as well as RCA input and 6.5mm headphone output.

Headphone amp output IC TPA6120 from TI
The output chip uses TPA6120, and the conversion rate is as high as 1300V/us. The IC is current negative feedback type amplifying circuit, Distortion is only 0.000001% THD+N , 120dB dynamic range, 120dB signal to noise ratio.
Strong driving ability with an output current up to 700mA. Can drive high impedance headphones. With a secure protection circuit design, two-way relay left and right channels to monitor two sound channels respectively.

Hifi Audio grade components and features
  • WIMA coupling capacitor
  • AUDIO filter capacitor
  • Japan ALPS potentiometer
  • 15W Bingzi transformer
  • Heavy duty aluminum case
  • Balanced/ RCA analog input switch
  • High & low impedance headphone amplifier switch
Dimension and weight
  • Size: 250*167*54mm.
  • Net weight: 1.9kg.
  • Weight after packing: 2.7kg.
Optional Dual Operational Amplifiers
  • Version 1: JRC 5532DD
  • Version 2: MUSES 8920
  • Version 3: MUSES 02
HTB1ePnpcRGw3KVjSZFwq6zQ2FXao.jpg

10324058.png

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 33
WARNING THERE ARE DEFECTIVE UNITS BEING SOLD. THERE ARE ISSUES WITH THE BALANCED INPUT. DO NOT BUY THIS AMP UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #3 of 33
Hi Guys

I decided to make this thread as I took a chance on this amplifier, it's very good. The base JRC 5532 are ok but I had better success with other op amps like OPA2604 and LM4562 being my favorites, just started testing a 2132 and it is also nice.
I can't speak on the MUSE opamps but it probably is worth getting the MUSE02's. I might be getting burson review samples V5I-D's to test as I hear they are a good op amp.

I am not sure what the numbers are @32 ohms etc. one ebay seller told me 1400mw but the power is kind of at the epic proportional level especially with a T50RP where on SE I am almost too loud @50% on low gain. Balanced sounds better to my ears but power is equal on both SE and BAL.

Anyways just wanted to share if you're in the market for a balanced amp, I am feeding it with a Topping D10 and currently testing a D30, I might have a hifiberry fully balanced DAC next week using their beta USB board.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #4 of 33
Hi Guys

I decided to make this thread as I took a chance on this amplifier, it's very good. The base JRC 5532 are ok but I had better success with other op amps like OPA2604 and LM4562 being my favorites, just started testing a 2132 and it is also nice.
I can't speak on the MUSE opamps but it probably is worth getting the MUSE02's. I might be getting burson review samples V5I-D's to test as I hear they are a good op amp.

I am not sure what the numbers are @32 ohms etc. one ebay seller told me 1400mw but the power is kind of at the epic proportional level especially with a T50RP where on SE I am almost too loud @50% on low gain. Balanced sounds better to my ears but power is equal on both SE and BAL.

Anyways just wanted to share if you're in the market for a balanced amp, I am feeding it with a Topping D10 and currently testing a D30, I might have a hifiberry fully balanced DAC next week using their beta USB board.

How does it compare to the LCX?

Jul 20, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 33
How does it compare to the LCX?

I prefer this, buckets more power and a cleaner sound as I upgraded base JRC5532 to two new OPA2604'S. LM4562's sound good too. I would pick the Muses02 if I was buying it again

I might be getting Burson V5I-D's to test but working on getting OPA1656 and have OPA1692's on the way.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 33
Fullly balanced input and balanced output
Truly balanced input and output For lower distortion and dynamics, as well as RCA input and 6.5mm headphone output.

Headphone amp output IC TPA6120 from TI
The output chip uses TPA6120, and the conversion rate is as high as 1300V/us. The IC is current negative feedback type amplifying circuit, Distortion is only 0.000001% THD+N , 120dB dynamic range, 120dB signal to noise ratio.
Strong driving ability with an output current up to 700mA. Can drive high impedance headphones. With a secure protection circuit design, two-way relay left and right channels to monitor two sound channels respectively.

Hifi Audio grade components and features
  • WIMA coupling capacitor
  • AUDIO filter capacitor
  • Japan ALPS potentiometer
  • 15W Bingzi transformer
  • Heavy duty aluminum case
  • Balanced/ RCA analog input switch
  • High & low impedance headphone amplifier switch
Dimension and weight
  • Size: 250*167*54mm.
  • Net weight: 1.9kg.
  • Weight after packing: 2.7kg.
Optional Dual Operational Amplifiers
  • Version 1: JRC 5532DD
  • Version 2: MUSES 8920
  • Version 3: MUSES 02
HTB1ePnpcRGw3KVjSZFwq6zQ2FXao.jpg

10324058.png

Hi, thanks for this impression, I am on the edge to decide whether to have Loxjie P20 amp or this one, what I like is great mid (thick and clear) also details. Can you please tell me if WA E600 is able to provide this?
My dac is Topping Dx7s + Senn HD650

Jul 22, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #7 of 33
Hi, thanks for this impression, I am on the edge to decide whether to have Loxjie P20 amp or this one, what I like is great mid (thick and clear) also details. Can you please tell me if WA E600 is able to provide this?
My dac is Topping Dx7s + Senn HD650

I was using a D30 and D10 and it sounded great. The Muses opamp is expensive so I would get the tier 3 model Muses02 as that is a good price for two, I regret not getting them.

I currently have opa2604 and they are very clean sounding. I'm using it with Vibrolabs T50 mod and there is an amazing kick. I don't know how familiar you are with driving T50'S but 50% in low gain is almost too loud. The bass is awesome and addictive.

Oamps will change the flavor of the sound a little almost like a tube so you'll have options. For instance I had an OPA2132 and it had a thicker low end if a little bloated.

Equalizer APO and Peace GUI should help you adjust bass. If a Jotunheim is 5 watts @32 ohms this must be 6-7+ to my ears.

I had a $380 and $499 DAC amp and they are now sold and this is my keeper.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #8 of 33
I was using a D30 and D10 and it sounded great. The Muses opamp is expensive so I would get the tier 3 model Muses02 as that is a good price for two, I regret not getting them.

I currently have opa2604 and they are very clean sounding. I'm using it with Vibrolabs T50 mod and there is an amazing kick. I don't know how familiar you are with driving T50'S but 50% in low gain is almost too loud. The bass is awesome and addictive.

Oamps will change the flavor of the sound a little almost like a tube so you'll have options. For instance I had an OPA2132 and it had a thicker low end if a little bloated.

Equalizer APO and Peace GUI should help you adjust bass. If a Jotunheim is 5 watts @32 ohms this must be 6-7+ to my ears.

I had a $380 and $499 DAC amp and they are now sold and this is my keeper.

what do you mean by "Equalizer APO and Peace GUI should help you adjust bass" sory I am a noobs hehehe

Jul 22, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #9 of 33
what do you mean by "Equalizer APO and Peace GUI should help you adjust bass" sory I am a noobs hehehe

Equalizer APO is a free tool/software you install and assign to all your devices, then after that install Peace from sourceforge.com. You can assign devices from Peace after as it combines with APO. It's basically software equalization see below.

upload_2019-7-22_6-49-48.png

Most of the bass will come from the headphone itself but a good amp can help deliver clean, strong bass notes. The opamps do change how that sounds too.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #10 of 33
Just a heads-up Burson v5i-d's do not play nice on here, OPA2604's seem to be the best I have tried so far. I do have OPA1692's and will be assembling some 1656's soon.

Aug 1, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #11 of 33
  • WARNING THERE ARE DEFECTIVE UNITS BEING SOLD.
  • THERE ARE ISSUES WITH THE BALANCED INPUT.
  • DO NOT BUY THIS AMP UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #12 of 33
Did you get any revert from seller for your inquiry?
I think this amp is designed entirely IC based circuit, which is avoided by major audiophile equipment makers.
However, modern technologies on IC must be good enough to handle audio signal which is narrow enough to be handled in precise way by nowadays IC technologies.
Therefore this IC approach does totally make sense.

Aug 17, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #14 of 33
  • WARNING THERE ARE DEFECTIVE UNITS BEING SOLD.
  • THERE ARE ISSUES WITH THE BALANCED INPUT.
  • DO NOT BUY THIS AMP UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

What's the issue with the balanced input? Besides it not being truly balanced, or is that what you mean by issues with the balanced input?

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #15 of 33
What's the issue with the balanced input? Besides it not being truly balanced, or is that what you mean by issues with the balanced input?

From my testing it appears that the negative and ground are shared. I might be wrong but on the dual 3-pin out I can get continuity when using my multi-meter on each ground and each negative(I believe these should be seperate).

I also had a 4-pin XLR which was wired incorrectly and it worked just fine, it cancelled out the effect of the bad wiring due to being shared but if you put it in say Jotunheim the sound was messed up. Really weird.

So what your left with is a device that supports balanced connectors but is not balanced even though it's advertising itself as being fully balanced. My recommendation is to buy it on ebay so you have a 30-day money back guarantee and seller MUST supply shipping label. Aside from the flaws it sounds good and has lots of power but is really a SE amp.

NOTE: I do know someone who got one and it has awful distortion issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back