Weight of HP2's causes strange sensation
Oct 11, 2002 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

M Rael

500+ Head-Fier
It was only temporary, but I decided to listen to music with the HP2's while banging on the speed bag (that thing boxers train with) and I was really getting into it and had a good workout. The next morning I woke up and my sense of balance was experiencing technical difficulties.. I'd get occasional flashes of light headedness and whathaveyou. It took a couple of days for the unwanted sensations to vanish entirely! My theory is that the added weight of the HP2's on my head combined with the transmitted impact of striking a speed bad constantly for more than 30 minutes caused some kind of short term loss of normal equilibrium, rather like the effect of a Mike Tyson hook to the temple. I cant say I was worried too much, and I made the connection between the weight of the HP2/hitting speed bag/loss of balance right away, but that will be the last time I try doing anything active while wearing the HP2. They really are quite heavy.

p.s. i'm going to be away for a month or two starting very soon. the bright side is that the internet connection in my new residence should be ten times as fast as this dial up modem. i'll be seeing you around, gang.

Mark Rael
Santa Fe, NM

Oct 11, 2002 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by M Rael
My theory is that the added weight of the HP2's on my head combined with the transmitted impact of striking a speed bad constantly for more than 30 minutes caused some kind of short term loss of normal equilibrium

Brilliant.

Oct 12, 2002 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 6
I don't think it's the HP-2's. I think it's possible you developed sympathy pains for the speed bag. Either that or an inner ear infection. (?) Quote:

...rather like the effect of a Mike Tyson hook to the temple...

You say that like we should know what that would feel like. Do you know what that feels like?

Oct 12, 2002 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 6
Wow, no sympathy on this thread!
smily_headphones1.gif

sTaTIx: where do you get off with an answer like that? Lightweight headphones are not a problem; it was just that the HP2 was too much. I didnt know until I tried it. You trying to act clever at my expense *******?

Dusty: you probably dont know anything much about boxing, but I was referring to a specific fight of Tyson's where he hit the guy on the temple and the other guy staggered around and fell down like three times in a row. From one punch. I dont have an ear infection. I dont have sympathy for the speed bag. I'm sorry I brought the subject up at all at this point judging by the smart ass-ed-ness of the replies.

Oct 12, 2002 at 8:35 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Wow, no sympathy on this thread!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry, dude, yes, I do sympathize with the problem. Wasn't making fun of you, was making fun of the fact that I do, indeed, know nothing about boxing.

Somehow I believe any left hook, Mike Tyson or no, would have that effect on me.

Oct 13, 2002 at 12:42 AM Post #6 of 6
Ooh, I like being a smartass too.

No, but really, I don't think there's anyway your equilibrium can be affected like that by a weight on your head. Try it again and see what happens this time.
wink.gif

kerely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back