Weight lifting/Strength/power grip/Personal training fi...
Oct 14, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #31 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any tips how I can achieve these results or would I be reaching too high?

vlcsnap00003s.png
vlcsnap00004h.png

vlcsnap00005h.png
vlcsnap00006l.png

There are a variety of things.. Genetics.. Discipline.. Balls to the wall training. 100% dedication.. Diet.. But the biggest is drugs! You can't look like any of the above without taking drugs, even though a few look photo shopped.. But check out Greg Valentino.. He had 28inch arms thanks to steroids, etc.. Without drugs 21 inches was his max..

Oct 17, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #35 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, if you're like me and don't care about grip strength at all but have trouble with certain back exercises, go and invest in some lifting straps. Cheapos work just fine for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

But if over used will become a crutch and weaken your grip... people wouldn't need straps if they didn't neglect hand/forearm training.. You will get more reps, and benefit more from the exercises, since your grip fatigues much faster then your back/lats. Same for shrugs and deadlifts. Grip strength isn't 'pretty' like a nice defined biceps, so most people ignore them.

Oct 17, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #36 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But check out Greg Valentino.. He had 28inch arms thanks to steroids, etc.. Without drugs 21 inches was his max..

And synthol...

Oct 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #39 of 76
avoid cardio if u wanna bulk up.

i just run on mountain once a week and 15 min warm up before workout.

unless u want a lean muscular physique.

Oct 21, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #40 of 76
Daaamn, I figured all you were weak fat audio geeks
smily_headphones1.gif

My stats would be strange to compare as I'm a paraplegic and have to work out two hours a day just to sit up straight and do transfers. However I've done about ten reps of the 200lb hand gripper without too much trouble and I've benched close to that. Can't powerlift without a machine though - don't have access to most of the core muscles.

Oct 21, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #41 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Daaamn, I figured all you were weak fat audio geeks
smily_headphones1.gif

My stats would be strange to compare as I'm a paraplegic and have to work out two hours a day just to sit up straight and do transfers. However I've done about ten reps of the 200lb hand gripper without too much trouble and I've benched close to that. Can't powerlift without a machine though - don't have access to most of the core muscles.

Impresssive.. Just do what you can with what you have. 10 reps of HG200 is good. How long have you been training.. I can get about 19 reps on the HG200 with my right hand.. Can do 60 plus reps on the 150 gripper.. Train your extensors as well with rubber bands.. You will notice quick improvement in upper fore arm development & will help to balance out the closing muscles.. Also helps with closing

Oct 21, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #42 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long have you been training

No specific training, just using a wheelchair. About a decade in and already my hands sometimes lock up like claws. Gotta get in the habit of stretching and isolating exercises.

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #43 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No specific training, just using a wheelchair. About a decade in and already my hands sometimes lock up like claws. Gotta get in the habit of stretching and isolating exercises.

I can't believe how easy hand strength makes my job easier.

Oct 22, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #44 of 76
I'm thinking of looking into this, as a severely broken wrist about 4 months ago (along with other internal damage) has left physio's worried about long term problems.

However, I feel exteremely lucky after hearing anetode's story. It was just this afternoon I was on a run and saw a bloke in a wheelchair out keeping fit, made me appreciate my body a lot more.

Cheers,
Matt.

Oct 22, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #45 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
avoid cardio if u wanna bulk up.

i just run on mountain once a week and 15 min warm up before workout.

unless u want a lean muscular physique.

No hate to you, but a lot of bodybuilders/lifters say this and they are wrong. The fear of cardio is so wrong it cannot be more wrong.

Info can be found here:
Bodybuilding.com - Anabolic Aerobics! - Eric Satterwhite
Bodybuilding.com - Anabolic Aerobics: Part 2! - Eric Satterwhite
Morning Cardio - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Credit to Layne Norton Bulk Nutrition - Prepare to Win by Layne Norton

Anyway, the essence of it is cardio (especially HIIT) improves nutrition partitioning, hormonal response and recovery. All the things you want in lifting.

I do miss the gym. Personal best was 110kg x 5sets x 8reps of squats. Picked up numerous injuries on my abductors and hip flexors which required physiotherapy. I was oblivious to a bursitis that was plaguing my left thigh until I saw a physio. Until today it still stings somewhat so I gotta get it checked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back