Weezer's new White Album
Apr 3, 2016 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TRapz

500+ Head-Fier
What did you guys think of the new album? Did it live up to expectations? How does it compare to past albums? Favorite song?

I'm listening to the album now, and I'm really loving it. It sounds like it came straight out of the 90s and actually surpassed my expectations. I'm not all the way through it yet, but King of the World is probably my favorite track as of you. What do you guys think?

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 6
  I'm not into it.  I have the blue and green albums and like those, but haven't liked Weezer ever since they came out with "Beverly Hills."

I didn't like a lot of their more forgettable albums either (I did like Make Believe a bit) but I felt that the last album and especially this new one have gone back to their older style. It's got a bit of new stuff added on, and I didn't expect to have an exact copy of The Blue Album but it does remind me of it and I enjoy it personally.

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #4 of 6
If it's not as good as Pinkerton I don't want to hear it!
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #5 of 6
I've heard it a few times now and like it.  I think it's their best since Maladroit.  I have not liked the last 4-5, although the last one gave me signs of hope.  This one isn't original.  I think it sounds very much like the Green album, but that's OK with me.

I think the melodies and lyrics are stronger than the past several albums. I think the backing vocals add significantly to the harmonies, in a way they haven't for a while. It's a little more melancholy and self-deprecating. The songs are more guitar based. The White Album is back to the Weezer I like. Not saying it's their best or anything but at this stage in their career, I think this is a strong album for them.

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 6
Hmm... I have heard all of their albums, and this slots somewhere in the middle of the pack. It is perhaps a bit too juvenile for my tastes. But regardless, it's going in the same direction as EWBAITE, even though I prefer EWBAITE over White. But it's pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back