Websites with Zen Micro altoids case instructions?
Feb 2, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #16 of 255
LOL, I saw this on Gizmodo.com

Clicked on the link, and Head-fi popped up, at first I thought I clicked on the other window where I have Head-fi up usually.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Feb 3, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #19 of 255
I wonder if my iPod fits. I mean that relaly makes it more secure. Who steals an altoids tin? No one, ok everyone. Yet, hardcore robbers go for the iPod, kids go for the altoids.

It looks like its half an inch taller and half an inch wider, so I guess if I did get it to git it would be very tight.

Feb 3, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #20 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by eCs_LCS
What would u use to scrape the paint off of the tin?

actually i used the edge (not the blade) of a pair of scissors but you can also use a dremmel tool (make sure you dont scrape right through the tin) to get the paint off. its fairly tedious but worth it in the end because its no longer an altoids tin but rather a silver case.
eggosmile.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #21 of 255
Just curious, but is anyone else with the Altoids tin having trouble completely closing the case with the Zen inside when having felt at the top and bottom part of the case? If I don't include the felt at the top of the case the Altoids tin would completely shut but with the felt at the top, the case won't completely close at all. Maybe I should just try to find thinner felt or a mint tin that's slightly larger. Anyone else care to share any similar experience.

Feb 3, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #22 of 255
mad.gif
frown.gif
I actually tried to fit the ZM in there with the case it comes with, i tried to cut out piece the back so that it would fit because i thought it would, bummer, still doesnt fit because of the bottom is think on the case. I did that all cause i was to lazy to cut out the felt and make it the right size. If the case was just a little more thicker it would work great. O well....

Feb 3, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #23 of 255
Quote:

mad.gif
frown.gif
I actually tried to fit the ZM in there with the case it comes with, i tried to cut out piece the back so that it would fit because i thought it would, bummer, still doesnt fit because of the bottom is think on the case. I did that all cause i was to lazy to cut out the felt and make it the right size. If the case was just a little more thicker it would work great. O well....

looks like you'll have to spend another $1.40
biggrin.gif
at least its really really really really cheap.
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 8:03 AM Post #25 of 255
Yeah. I used a Myntz case, I think you can buy them online if you have a problem finding them. They're slightly thicker than an Altoids case and allows it to close all the way.

Feb 4, 2005 at 12:09 PM Post #27 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiyo21
Just curious, but is anyone else with the Altoids tin having trouble completely closing the case with the Zen inside when having felt at the top and bottom part of the case? If I don't include the felt at the top of the case the Altoids tin would completely shut but with the felt at the top, the case won't completely close at all. Maybe I should just try to find thinner felt or a mint tin that's slightly larger. Anyone else care to share any similar experience.

i used a sock to line the tin, no problems closing it.

Feb 4, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #29 of 255
Quote:

In the myntz case you can fit the micro inside of the case it comes with in it?

No, you can't. This isn't essential though because when the case is lined well, the Micro has all the protection it needs (to an extent).

I also used a Myntz case and could not line both the top and bottom of the case because while the case would close, it would not want to stay that way. I tried this with felt and thin foam.

Feb 4, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #30 of 255
if you cant line the top and the bottom use a plastic coated playing card. they're completely scratch free and very thin.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back