web accelerators
Jan 9, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 12
Good? No, all they do is try to cache as much as they can and turn the graphics quality down. You can turn graphics off in your browser if you want to.
I just didn't have a good experience with them. Hopefully you will.
Good luck.

Jan 10, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #3 of 12
Well, you probably already know of this utility; it's not a "web accelerator" per se, its a simple registry tweaker that does improve your speed by a considerable and definately noticable amount.

CableNut It's a great little proggie!

Jan 10, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDog
Good? No, all they do is try to cache as much as they can and turn the graphics quality down. You can turn graphics off in your browser if you want to.
I just didn't have a good experience with them. Hopefully you will.
Good luck.

Yeah these things do absoutley nothing except cache tons of data.

They prey on the average Joe Sixpack that doesnt do anything but visit the same few sites and who doesnt know jack about computers
tongue.gif

If you want to do the same thing that these web accelerators do, increase the Internet Explorer cache:
Directions

At the top click Tools
In the middle of that screen under Temp internet files click settings
Double the amount of diskspace used (if you have enough free space on your hard drive)

Congrats, you just bought a web acceleator, lol

Jan 10, 2005 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 12
firefox users should try this its not software just a few settings you change that speed up browsing. me rikey.

Jan 10, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #6 of 12
Skyscraper that tweak really works, damn the pages are flying off my screen now. TNX

Jan 10, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #7 of 12
I suspect many of the free web accelerators may double as spyware. If all they do is increase the web cache, its practically useless. That cache will just eat up more ram and drive space.

Jan 10, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #10 of 12
I have a 10 Mbit connection and the pages always loaded so quickly but after the firefox tweak they just appear on my screen, ZERO delay. Dang...so sweet.

Jan 10, 2005 at 8:28 AM Post #12 of 12
gld u guys like it! i was surprised with the difference it made even on 512 kbs adsl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back