Wearing grados padless
Aug 26, 2006 at 6:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FooTemps

500+ Head-Fier
for some odd reason they are a lot more comfortable than bowls and comfies when I toss them on without pads... they fit on my ears much better due to the reduced contact or something? too bad they sound horrid.

just curious as to who else has tried wearing grados without pads for fun.

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #2 of 8
I tried my SR80s without pads just for kicks when I had them. It was QUITE painful on my eardrums
frown.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 8
OUCH!!... why on earth would someone.... Oh wait a minute... they're no better / worse than bowl pads
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 8
My SR60s sound fine without pads. Kind of hard on the ears though.

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
OUCH!!... why on earth would someone.... Oh wait a minute... they're no better / worse than bowl pads
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

exactly! hahaha

they just sound a whole lot worse.

Aug 26, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #6 of 8
Actually, my MS-1s "padless" sorta of look like our old "ham" phones with the bakelite housings that we used to use mostly without the '38 De Soto upholstery look-alike pad material, cause they were just too dirty and yucky looking all ratty and fraying like that.

Yeah; my Mom volunteered to hand wash them, but my Dad was afraid they'd disintegrate and we'd never be able to match a replacement pair.

....we never did.

Hmmm.....RS-2s with "1938 De Soto upholstery material" carefully hand fitted over bowls might just work!!

.......anyway, no; we had a '41 Olds at the time. My Dad was the one who said the pads reminded him of a De Soto.

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #8 of 8
oh god, when i first got my grados they came with only 1 flat pad. it was both physically and audiably painful. ran to radio shack and made my own flats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back