Weaknesses of the JH13?
Nov 21, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #136 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am under the impression that an IEM with a completely different design from different companies would sound different.

yeah they are. my point was that i just don't think the D10 was thin in any way; pardon me since I forgot to mention that my answer was in relation to that.

Nov 21, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #137 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah they are. my point was that i just don't think the D10 was thin in any way; pardon me since I forgot to mention that my answer was in relation to that.

No worries, just woke up with a hangover myself, pardon my crankiness.
redface.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #138 of 141
ok let me be the first to give any weakness. I've owned the shure SE530 for half a year, and been listening and loving their sound straight from an iPhone 3GS unamped.

Yesterday, I tried the JH-13 pro demo units. Everything is OMG What superb, but man, the bass is damn big. It may be becos I'm used to the 3GS-SE530 set up, which I found very lacking in bass after inserting a P-51 in the middle. The big bass may be 'natural' sounding, I dont know. I need to get used to them more, but right now I'm really overwhelmed by the low end.

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #139 of 141
When I tried the JH13 (universal pair), I couldn't keep a smile off my face. Compared to any universal IEM, the JH13 absolutely embarassed them.

The only headphone I have personally heard that I believe is better than the JH13 is the HD800. However, I haven't had a long enough of an audition to clearly make that statement.

The only things that bother me about them and made me not want to get them are:
1. Can't resell them (or if you do, it will be at a hefty markdown)
2. Can't have anyone else use them except yourself.
3. Hassle of molding and possible remolding
4. Heard possibilities of most custom IEMs breaking down in a matter of 4-5 years.

As you can see none of that particularly deals with SQ. The sound quality I feel is about as close to the best I've heard in ANY headphone, electrostat, dynamic, whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back