WE WON!!!!!
Oct 5, 2003 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 105
RedSox Cubbies Redsox Cubbies
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 105
you know i chose to stop watching the game because the A' were both playing like little leaguers, and getting F'ed in the ass by the umps
mad.gif
but it doesn't matter anyways, the A's will win...it's inevitable
biggrin.gif
when you think about it, the Red Sox, without all the errors from the A's, didn't deserve to win...now i'm not one to make excuses because it's not just one play that makes or breaks a game, but come on, the R sox didn't do anything to win that game, the A's gave it to em, of course by screwing up. look at how Lilly out pitched the Red Sox, for example. you'll see next time, the A's will take it from them, and then eventually move on to the world series and surely win!!!

Oct 5, 2003 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 105
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
A friendly message from BOSTON, home of the 2003 baseball world champions.

YES YES YES. The weirdest game I ever seen. And apparently they got the second obstruction call wrong. The Oakland runner should have been allowed to touch home for the score. But finally the Red Sox got a call to go their way. How many times does that happen? Not too often.

Oct 5, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #5 of 105
The As lost because they deserved to lose -- four errors in one game? Three in one inning with only one run let up? The umps called the game very well and they had many difficult decisions to make.

Lilly pitched well. But so did Lowe, Timlin, and Williamson. Byrnes is an idiot and he did not touch home plate. As for the fool who chose to stop running because he thought he should have been given a run, well, he could have touched the plate himself without the call but he chose to stop running like, yes, a little-leaguer.

Go sox!

Oct 5, 2003 at 5:59 AM Post #6 of 105
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
A friendly message from BOSTON, home of the 2003 baseball world champions.

You won a game.

Relax and come back to us if you somehow win two more.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 5, 2003 at 6:43 AM Post #7 of 105
Quote:

Originally posted by sacd lover
RedSox Cubbies Redsox Cubbies
biggrin.gif

I so hope cubs pull game 5 off! This would make so many people (myself included) happy
biggrin.gif
Smallest stadium, biggest attendance this year. Cubs rule.

-dd3mon (Chicago Native)

Oct 5, 2003 at 10:40 AM Post #9 of 105
WE also won....

Hull City beat Northampton 5-1 yesterday away....

We are now top of the Third Division and have won the past 5 games and look set for promotion at the end of the season if the team keeps this up.

I think playing the new KC stadium must be great confidence boost to the boy as well.

THE TIGERS ROAR!

Oct 5, 2003 at 1:42 PM Post #10 of 105
Hockey season is just a few days away as well. With all the young guys on the Hawks they are going to have energy even if they loose a lot of games.

Oct 5, 2003 at 6:08 PM Post #12 of 105
Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman
THE TIGERS ROAR!

How odd this sounds to someone from Detroit....
redface.gif

Oct 5, 2003 at 9:20 PM Post #13 of 105
Another amazing game today that I'm happy to have watched on TV and listened to on the radio when I was away from the tube. The bats have begun swinging again like they were in the regular season and the pitching staff -- especially the bullpen -- has been doing amazing these last two games despite miserable performances throughout the year. If any team can pull off a surprise victory this year, it's the Sox.

Go Sox!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back