We Just Launched our Spring Giveaway with SVS!
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

HDtracks

Sponsor: HDTracks
The incredible giveaways just keep coming! We are very happy to announce our Spring Giveaway with one of the worldwide leaders in high performance home audio products, SVS.

One lucky winner will be walking away with the new high performance SVS SB-1000 Subwoofer. The SB-1000 is SVS' smallest sealed cabinet subwoofer, measuring only 13" on all sides! But with quality components like a long-stroke 12" driver and a powerful 300W Sledge DSP amplifier, the SB-1000 is big on sound quality and performance. With an attractive premium black ash finish, this diminutive subwoofer will look great in any system.

To enter go to HDtracks.com.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 22
Oh Snap... I might have to buy a speaker amp just for that thing ... oh wait it comes with it's own amp :O

Snap I'm entered, and I think I might be able to scare my neighbors with that thing :D

Mar 20, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #8 of 22
This is the perfect replacement for my Emotiva Ultra-10 sub.  Entered!

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #9 of 22
I have really enjoyed my dual 12" M&K Sub, but I bought it almost 20 years ago (replaced the drivers 7 years ago).  I bet this would be an awesome replacement!

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #10 of 22
No matter how much stuff they give away unless they clean-up their business practices their business is dead.  After a number of years still no provenance (mastering info) of their files as well as questionable "high res" to boot. Several technical reviews indicate the buyer is not getting what they are paying for.  HDTracks reply is they are simply passing on from the labels what was provided.  This is nowhere good enough. I have suspended purchases until they can back-up their claims for each release.  Caveat emptor!

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #13 of 22
No matter how much stuff they give away unless they clean-up their business practices their business is dead.  After a number of years still no provenance (mastering info) of their files as well as questionable "high res" to boot. Several technical reviews indicate the buyer is not getting what they are paying for.  HDTracks reply is they are simply passing on from the labels what was provided.  This is nowhere good enough. I have suspended purchases until they can back-up their claims for each release.  Caveat emptor!

If I may ask which site would you recommend for Hi-res purchases? Soon i'm going to soon start to invest and I enjoy knowing where my moneys at.

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #14 of 22

If I may ask which site would you recommend for Hi-res purchases? Soon i'm going to soon start to invest and I enjoy knowing where my moneys at.

I would check out Acoustic Sounds, at least for the majority of their Hi-Res downloads they provide more mastering/origination info or re-master from the original studio master.  The owner is an absolute sound/quality fanatic and it is reflected in their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back