We have a breakthrough at Best Buy!
Jan 21, 2012 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 151

tribestros

100+ Head-Fier

New listening stations at the new Best Buys in Dallas. OMG good headphones for the masses. Some of the new ones have a special Magnolia AV section and they have a listening station in them. They also sell headphone amps, high end record players and I saw the B&W Nautilus. They had the 800s, 598, 518, AKG high end...etc...just expressing the elation I saw at Best Buy today.

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 151

Quote:

New listening stations at the new Best Buys in Dallas. OMG good headphones for the masses. Some of the new ones have a special Magnolia AV section and they have a listening station in them. They also sell headphone amps, high end record players and I saw the B&W Nautilus. They had the 800s, 598, 518, AKG high end...etc...just expressing the elation I saw at Best Buy today.

holy crap... they have a pair of HD800's on display...I'm surprised they aren't worried it's going to get jacked

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 151
What they just remodeled all the Worst Buys near me and they dont have anything remotely close to that. Although Magnolia has always sold good stuff albeit at much higher prices

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 151
That's really something!  Perhaps industry analysts see the current appeal of Beats paving the way towards interest in the real item? 

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #7 of 151

Quote:
Thats what I thought. They aren't secured very well...

removable cabling too... so the thief can run off with the phones and outfit it with hexagonal pure cry0 crstal cable tech without soldering too

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #8 of 151

Quote:
What they just remodeled all the Worst Buys near me and they dont have anything remotely close to that. Although Magnolia has always sold good stuff albeit at much higher prices

It has to be a Magnolia AV, a special version. And, actually, Magnolia sells their stuff at competitive prices, a lot of what they sell is deemed by the manufacturer. But, yes, they are starting to sell better stuff in stores due to Beats. I may have to spring for the 800 now, on discount they cost $700, the 598 $150. I work at a regular Magnolia.

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #11 of 151
Wow! A breakthrough indeed. I don't think too many people would want to steal the 800s because those people would all be honest mild-mannered audiophiles
biggrin.gif
. Still bad security measures.
Hopefully, my Best Buy gets a display like this.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #13 of 151

Quote:
It has to be a Magnolia AV, a special version. And, actually, Magnolia sells their stuff at competitive prices, a lot of what they sell is deemed by the manufacturer. But, yes, they are starting to sell better stuff in stores due to Beats. I may have to spring for the 800 now, on discount they cost $700, the 598 $150. I work at a regular Magnolia.

Wait, HD 800 for $700?  

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #15 of 151
BB is camera city. It's literally impossible to be in the store and not be on CCTV at all times. I definitely wouldn't worry about theft, or at least successful theft.

This is really interesting though, I never thought the day would come when BB would have something worth my time in the store.

Quote:
Holy bums, an incredible selection for a Best Buy, not the best security standards though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back