We Got Ti Kan (AMB) an HD800!
Feb 13, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #496 of 513
A beautiful award plaque to back up those stunning Senns! Good work by all involved and veerrry generous.

Feb 13, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #497 of 513
That's a really bad picture. Here is one Johnwmclean took before he mailed it out. I asked him if he could do this and he turned around this awesome piece in a day. Again, great work John!

ff9b7e6f50.jpg

Feb 13, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #498 of 513
Thankyou Ti and PJ it was pure pleasure, thanks must also extend to PScal and trumbldw for their super fast contributions towards the certificate.

Feb 13, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #499 of 513
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thankyou Ti and PJ it was pure pleasure, thanks must also extend to PScal and trumbldw for their super fast contributions towards the certificate.

the plaque is perfect!

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #503 of 513
Niiiice work, John! Great finish and very fitting for the HD800, that's also nicely blended into the background. And the words, man....no doubt Ti deserves it all!

Feb 14, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #504 of 513
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a really bad picture....

Harsh. He's either been spending his free time keeping us happy (
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
) or getting his groove on in some psychedelic lighting with them new cans, rather than fiddling with white balance. Besides, Who needs white balance when you have an audio museum in your house? :p

Again: Rzpkt, head-fi!

Apr 18, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #505 of 513
Shameless bump from the dead, but I need to really say thank you Ti Kan (headwize, head-fi and the DIY audio community in general included). I just finished building my first DIY amp, CK2III. The documentation from AMB labs was impeccable, the posts here and on headwize were really helpful in troubleshooting the amp (I had faulty wiring and cold solder joints on the pot).
For the money CK2III just cant be beat, this really puts my Audio-gd compass to shame, no contest. My only regret is that I have to give this away, since I built this amp for a friend as a present.
Enjoy your HD800 and keep up the good work.
beerchug.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #506 of 513
You're welcome mideel, credit must also go to runeight (Alex Cavalli) who worked with me to make the CK²III possible, and to Benny Jørgensen for the original Kumisa III on which the CK²III is derived.

Apr 18, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #507 of 513
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
credit must also go to runeight (Alex Cavalli) who worked with me to make the CK²III possible

Alex got some phones for that too, didn't he?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back