We are a strange sub-culture of sub-culture
Mar 25, 2009 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gamerphile

500+ Head-Fier
We are sub-culture of the audiophile sub-culture.
And like every java programmer or student of a anthropology will tell you some things have natural inheritance that can't be voided. One of the fundamentals of the advanced topics discussed here and the complex problems which arises from these is best summed by this:
Quote:

[size=small]Everything that needs to be said has already been said. But since no one was listening, everything must be said again. - Andre Gide [/size]

That is of course never perfectly true but its my observation that due to the young nature of this crowd including my self we are experiencing far bigger problems with consuming new members and for everyone to get the basics right. Heck its so blurred at times people doubt even these.
But this boiling place is still far more interesting and energetic than many other places of its kind. I really like this place thougjt it feels a bit like the first time I bought something in a cloth store with big baggy pants and such. 6 months later everyone was doing it and I had to wait years before I didn't feel like some generic guy following the masses.

Mar 25, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 3
its "inherent", and the concept you're butchering wrt object-oriented programming is "inheritance" (which is, entirely unrelated
wink.gif
)

and whats this about fads and whatnot? I honestly stopped caring about them years ago, so I fail to see the relationship? if everyone else is listening to their electrostats enjoying modern pop music, good for them
beerchug.gif

Mar 27, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich;bt1056
its "inherent", and the concept you're butchering wrt object-oriented programming is "inheritance" (which is, entirely unrelated
wink.gif
)

and whats this about fads and whatnot? I honestly stopped caring about them years ago, so I fail to see the relationship? if everyone else is listening to their electrostats enjoying modern pop music, good for them
beerchug.gif

Thanks for that reminder - my speller is foobar at times and that was right before my regularly 6 hour cool down period to relax my ears
wink.gif
Apparently the title went all wrong too I meant to say "strange sub-culture". I should maybe note that I love it for what it is but its still pretty crazy at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back