WBT Speaker Connections
Jul 22, 2002 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Trawlerman

A British ingredient in our rockin' international gumbo.
Has anybody got any comments or thoughts on these products?

wbt0660cu.gif

High current spade lug with elastomer shock absorber for progressive contact pressure eliminating structure-born and air-born noise as well as magnetostriction. Fully insulated body is safe to use and conforms to international safety standards. Color code: red or white. Easy fit for wire size up to 10mm2 (8AWG)
1/4" / 6.4mm Sandwich spade connector. Pure OFC copper contact is direct gold-plated. Color code: red or white.

4 spades, 1 Torx™ key, boxed

Price for 4 Pack Kit £41.99 Including VAT at 17.5%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just ordered 2 sets of these (8 connectors in total). My speaker cable is QED Genesis which is as thick as a hose pipe.

I have had to seek out a more sturdy connector as my previous custom fit QED Airloc banana connections have snapped under the weigh of the cable.

I'm hoping that these will provide fuss-free listening for many years to come.

Sound As Ever
Listening to THE WISHING CHAIR on vinyl by 10,000 MANIACS
On Rega P3 / RB300 / Sumiko Blue Point >-- EAR 834P >-- 2 x Rotel RB970 Power amps >-- Spendor SP3/1 'BBC Stle Monitors>

Jul 22, 2002 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 8
I have some of these exact connectors on my Kimber speaker cables (also very thick with heavy metal "Christmas bulb" heels close to the termination poionts). Supposedly, they sound better than regular (non-WBT) connectors, but as they are all I know on these cables, I can't speak for that, one way or the other.

I will say that they are very, very sturdy. Kimber terminated them for me, and I don't know if that makes a difference, but they don't look like they'd bend or snap off under any amount of stress.

Good luck with your cables.

Jul 23, 2002 at 1:55 AM Post #4 of 8
I'm very sure that you would be pleased with the WBT 0660 spades. I too, use them on my Kimber Selects (3035's). The ONLY problem I have ever seen with these connectors is that the two halves can split apart. I never would have thought of it, until a friend of mine told me that his had done it. He said that it had no effect on the performance of his cables. Just to make sure that you are aware though, you should use the WBT crimp sleeves on your cables and then install the spades. Anyway, WBT makes a really nice connector that has worked VERY well for me, as I am sure that it will for you. Good luck to you and enjoy.
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2002 at 9:22 PM Post #5 of 8
That sounds great guys.

I though I was making a good decision in buying them and you seem to have confirmed it.

With a bit of luck they should be with me very shortly.

Cheers

Jul 27, 2002 at 3:33 PM Post #7 of 8
Audio Jewelery? Quite possibly, but the total failure (i.e. weight of cable snapped them clean in two) of the QED Custom Airlock connectors has negated the purchase of an ultimately more solid and sturdy conenctor.

I was quite miffed at the the factory fitted connector on the QED Genesis cables. They were not a cheap connector eiter.

Anyway, the WBT's dropped on the mat yesterday and I fitted them on my return from work last night. They feel and seem a damn sight more reliable than than the previous ones.

Sound As Ever
Listening to 180g Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys
on Rega P3 / RB300 / Kontrapunkt A >-- EAR 834p Sig >-- 2 Rotel RB970s >-- Spendor SP3/1s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back