Wax - we all have it in our ears...
Oct 15, 2009 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Opentoe

100+ Head-Fier
I clean my ears everyday. Never have wax build up and never had any issues. When using the comply foam do they "soak" up wax? How long do they usually last before you replace them?

Oct 15, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 14
Yes mine do i clean my ears often as well never with q tips or if i do i just use them on the outer part of the ear. I use peroxide and water to flush them out about ever month or so i have alot of wax buildup so its needed or i have to have the doc do them every 6 months.

I replace the comply's about every month or so now. I use them as long as i can cant wait to get some customs so that will be over with hehe.

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I clean my ears everyday. Never have wax build up and never had any issues. When using the comply foam do they "soak" up wax? How long do they usually last before you replace them?

This is really impossible to answer, even if you have clean ears. There are too many variables, the main one being how often are you handling them while you are using them and how clean your hands are when you are handling them. For example their deterioration while vary greatly if you handle them with one insertion and one removal in a 3 hour listening session versus 5 or 6 handlings during those 3 hours and if you have newspaper print or catsup on your hands. Often times washing your hands is not convenient.

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 14
Hand Wash them in warm soapy water then roll between a paper towel and let air dry.

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hand Wash them in warm soapy water then roll between a paper towel and let air dry.

This ive also used peroxide with good success as well it disolves the wax pretty good. then air dry.

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #6 of 14
Also worth noting, it may be harmful to your ears to clean them every day. A small amount of wax is necessary for their proper function. If you can comfortably live with every other day, you might be better off in the long run.

Oct 18, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #7 of 14
I never use q-tips and haven't had an ear wax dump in months, maybe a year? Basically, I just wash my face and put a little of that cleaner on my finger and in my ear. Then I get my ear in the shower spray for a little while and switch it up.

You're saying I need ear wax?
confused.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 14
You clean everyday? That's impressive... I only clean about once every 3-4 weeks, but I cleaned today.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #12 of 14
If you're gonna clean your ears, clean them with your albows =)

The wax is there for a purpose, I see no reason for deep cleaning with q-tips often.
I also believe that it will only lead to even more wax production.

Although, I do clean mine every now and then with q-tips, but not too often. I had more wax before, and my hearing is just fine...

Oct 19, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #13 of 14
The ear cleans itself. It has an inbuilt function that moves wax and dirt outwards. When using in-ear earphones or q-tips you stop this function and you push the wax into the ear building small walls and this more easily clogs your earphones and sometimes gives you a plug of wax. I use this liquid instead.. Not sure the english word for it though but it normalize the ear function and cleans it in a better way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back