Waves NX buzzing
Dec 27, 2020 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hifinoob005

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm having some issues with Waves NX.
Windows 10 Pro x64 1909, Xonar DGX.

A few days ago I tested a Sabrent USB audio adapter dongle.

Since then when Waves NX is used the sound is loudly distorted. This sound is what happened when Waves NX was turned off from the software itself.

When connecting the dongle and selecting it in the NX software, virtualization works and sounds fine.

I've uninstalled it a few times, used CC cleaner, searched and deleted all relevant files named waves/nx.

On a 2nd OS installed for testing/other purposes NX works fine.

Not sure how to fix this issue, any ideas?

Dec 28, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #2 of 8
Have you Equalizer APO and HeSuVi installed? These two together caused an issue like the one you describe when I had Waves NX installed. Other than that I cannot think of anything else, sorry.

Dec 29, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 8
Have you Equalizer APO and HeSuVi installed? These two together caused an issue like the one you describe when I had Waves NX installed. Other than that I cannot think of anything else, sorry.

I uninstalled them, but they were there before.

The issue is because of that USB dongle, but how do I correct it?

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 8
Updated other 2nd OS, the issue is not there. So I don't think it has anything to to with windows updates.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Xonar drivers.
Plugged the dongle back in, disabled it, tried everything I could think of.

Another time had a similar issue where I installed a usb amp/dac and waves would keep going back to it. Solved the issue by deleting any files listed waves or nx but this time it did not work.

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #5 of 8
You might try this in case you haven't yet.

Uninstall everything you can think might be interfering in your issue. Then before installing Waves NX, make sure you have the Sabrent audio adapter connected and selected as the default audio playback device.

Honestly, I do not think it will fix the issue. But you have nothing to lose either.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #6 of 8
You might try this in case you haven't yet.

Uninstall everything you can think might be interfering in your issue. Then before installing Waves NX, make sure you have the Sabrent audio adapter connected and selected as the default audio playback device.

Honestly, I do not think it will fix the issue. But you have nothing to lose either.

I don't see how that is going to fix it.

The issue is that Waves will only work with the Sabrent dongle.

Anyway I uninstalled everything that could be a problem. But those don't cause any issues on the 2nd os.
Sabrent selected as default.
Xonar selected in Waves.
Same issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jan 3, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #7 of 8
Reinstalled Chord Mojo USB drivers.
It works fine with Waves.

It's only the Xonar that has the issue.

Also not getting any info on this page of the Waves properties, but don't remember if there was anything there originally.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back