Wav earplugs wrapped around my Super fi. 5 pro
Feb 20, 2006 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

backbaychef

Head-Fier
Okay, I am trying to tide myself til the E500's come out and I can get a custom earpiece to attach.

Last night I went nuts with the stock attachments that come with the Super fi 5 pros. I took my wax earplus and fit them around the stem and shaped them to my ear. Wow, total isolation, custom fit, and less than $5.

The question I have is, is there some reason why I should do this?

Also another question that I have been curious about some time. When i have a complete seal (with the stock seals or even with the wax earplugs) The sound seams to be quieter, meaning I have to give it more juice to hear it like I normally would. Why is this?

Thanks,

BackBayChef
www.how2dance.com
www.cultureshocked.net

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #2 of 3
Interesting concept. Can you post pics? What brand of wax earplugs did you use?

Thanks!

Feb 20, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #3 of 3
Images... well these things aint pretty, at least the part that goes into my ears. Also these have been dropped onto the floor and everywhere else so there is threads etc through the wax - yeah I need more.

Anyway, the wax is called "Mack's pillow soft earplugs"
Here's a link of where you could get them (I bought them at an Albertsons while I was in utah I think).
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp75090_33...value_pack.htm

Here are some images too:
Macks_label.jpg

custom_earpeace_1.jpg

custom_earpeace_2.jpg

custom_earpeace_3.jpg

And as I said they are very comfortable, though everytime you take them out it takes a couple seconds to rework the seal when you put them back in. To me it's enough to tide me over for the E500 and a custom fit piece then - or if I start to realling like this, then I'll just use these with it.

BackBayChef
www.how2dance.com
www.cultureshocked.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back