Watercooler Tour Thread - (New eligible participants welcome PM me for details.) - See second post for active tours.
Jul 31, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #766 of 1,215
Multiverse Mentor Tour Kit received, included case, IEMs, cables and tips. Everything looks great, tips very clean. Been listening for about 30 min, truly a special set. Can't bring myself to buy an all-BA set but my god this is tempting. Incredible sound, I believe the bone conduction really serves to take this IEM to the next level. Detail is exceptional, body and note density is very high, stage is massive. When UM puts out a hybrid I'll probably bite, gonna be hard resisting this though. Just wow.

from previous thread, initial MM impressions:

I've got a custom Jewel that I adore but I just got in the Multiverse Mentor and jesus it's impressive. Just can't justify buying an all BA right now-or maybe I can! I love the fat, heavy dense midrange of mentor. I had the same experience with Elysium, best midrange I've ever heard. With regard to Jewel, I believe Jewel still bests it with regard to layering, separation and transparency. I'd give the mentor the hat tip on stage dimensions and note density. The midrange is also fuller which I like very much. Technically they both very high level and worthy of praise, as usual it comes down to whether you like a thick and rich midrange or an effortless transparent presentation with slightly more air, more ethereal and less density especially in the midrange. I love both. Mentor is more fun, draws you in but also extremely technically proficient, Jewel is sublime. Mentor is by no means a bass head IEM but I can see people who prefer more midrange impact going for the MM but people who prefer a more polished, refined less impactful DD presentation going for Jewel. Thats why I think waiting for a hybrid UM with all the tech inside MM is the way. Does UM not do customs?

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #767 of 1,215
SR5 & SR8 received from @Stu Paddasso !!

Gonna have a listen tomorrow!

Aug 4, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #770 of 1,215
Multiverse Mentor Tour Kit received, included case, IEMs, cables and tips. Everything looks great, tips very clean. Been listening for about 30 min, truly a special set. Can't bring myself to buy an all-BA set but my god this is tempting. Incredible sound, I believe the bone conduction really serves to take this IEM to the next level. Detail is exceptional, body and note density is very high, stage is massive. When UM puts out a hybrid I'll probably bite, gonna be hard resisting this though. Just wow.

from previous thread, initial MM impressions:

I've got a custom Jewel that I adore but I just got in the Multiverse Mentor and jesus it's impressive. Just can't justify buying an all BA right now-or maybe I can! I love the fat, heavy dense midrange of mentor. I had the same experience with Elysium, best midrange I've ever heard. With regard to Jewel, I believe Jewel still bests it with regard to layering, separation and transparency. I'd give the mentor the hat tip on stage dimensions and note density. The midrange is also fuller which I like very much. Technically they both very high level and worthy of praise, as usual it comes down to whether you like a thick and rich midrange or an effortless transparent presentation with slightly more air, more ethereal and less density especially in the midrange. I love both. Mentor is more fun, draws you in but also extremely technically proficient, Jewel is sublime. Mentor is by no means a bass head IEM but I can see people who prefer more midrange impact going for the MM but people who prefer a more polished, refined less impactful DD presentation going for Jewel. Thats why I think waiting for a hybrid UM with all the tech inside MM is the way. Does UM not do customs?
It's a nice listen for sure!!

Aug 8, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #772 of 1,215
Now having had the mentor for a decent amount of time, I don't find it bright at all, bright compared to what? Xe6? Complaints against it being bright don't seem accurate to me, I have never found it offensive or sibilant in the slightest; on the contrary long listening sessions across all genres are fatigue free and enjoyable. It's a great monitor, waiting for a hybrid UM offering though. It's a bit more in your face than my transparent effortless Jewel, some will prefer that. To sum it up, excellent midrange, class leading imaging (huge images), class leading stage, inoffensive signature, thick and dense midrange especially lower, sub-bass and midrange hat's authoritative but doesn't step out of line. Mid-treble that's just enough to provide top tier resolution (falling the tiniest smidge behind Jewel in resolution also layering/separation and transparency but besting Jewel in stage, image size, note weight (especially midrange) and sub bass slam). It's a great monitor that deserves it's spot in the top 5 from what I've heard so far and can see many being happy with it and it's signature appealing to anyone who enjoys a highly technical warm signature which is my favorite as well. Great all arounder that plays everything well. The subbass is the best BA sub bass I've ever heard, where it falls short of Jewel bass is in decay, never heard a BA that can directly replicate the well tuned decay of a DD, no fault of the MM's.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #774 of 1,215
Diva/Supermoon kit dropped off and on the way to @stacey
@stacey I need to send you the Custom Art kit, so you'll be busy - I have your address, but still need your full name to send off, please return PM with that (or someone else, please, maybe he's really busy). Thanks!

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #775 of 1,215
@stacey I need to send you the Custom Art kit, so you'll be busy - I have your address, but still need your full name to send off, please return PM with that (or someone else, please, maybe he's really busy). Thanks!
And CA kit is in its way to @stacey.

Aug 15, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #777 of 1,215
SR5 and SR8 will be on its way to @Poulpup as Dan decided to skip it.

Aug 18, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #778 of 1,215
Hyped beyond belief
Hey Ike, Can you PM me your mailing address so I can get the FatFreq kit out to you next week? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back