Watching (and listening) to DVDs
Jan 26, 2009 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RASeymour

500+ Head-Fier
I searched for this topic but didn't see anything.

What do people listen to when watching DVD's? In the winter I watch DVD's while riding my indoor bike. Years ago I found the experience was much better if I wore headphones. I started with over the ears Sony's, then Grado 60 and finally ety 6/q-jays.

The IEM work the best because they cut out the sound from the bike. With the open Grado's I had to turn up the volume too high to overcome the bike noise.

A big added bonus is that watching the movies with an IEM really enhances the experience. Yesterday I watched the HBO series Generation Kill. With the IEM I was easily able to pick up the background chatter. On speakers, that talk was difficult to discern.

I have the q-jays hooked up by a long Grado cable to a Headroom Air Head (velcroed to the side of the DVD player). The amp is then plugged in to the headphone out of the stereo amp. I know I could to this differently (and probably get a better sound) but I'm limited by my set up.

I haven't tried other IEM other than those listed. So what do you like or not like to use to watch TV/DVD's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back