Watches
May 22, 2004 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

MuZI

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone know where i can buy a good Breitling or simmilar style watch for around $200?

May 22, 2004 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 19
$200 for a Breitling .. maybe out of the back trunk of a guy named Slick.

May 22, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #5 of 19
Since this is an audio site, how about an audio (manufacturer's) watch?

item11.jpg

The Musical Fidelity Chronograph.

More info and prices here.

May 22, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #6 of 19
If you want a good swiss movement watch for about $200-300, your only choice would be a tissot.

Something like this maybe?

t17.1.486.55.jpg

Would be under $300.

It is also available in a white face.

t17.1.486.34.jpg

May 22, 2004 at 5:06 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion
$200 for a Breitling .. maybe out of the back trunk of a guy named Slick.

Oh, you know him too?

May 22, 2004 at 9:55 AM Post #9 of 19
Hey I could get you a Breitling for like $60. Oh wait, you wanted a real Breitling. Sorry.

If you're looking for chronographs with lots of tiny unreadable numbers...try http://www.chase-durer.com

Sector, Tag, and Tissot makes good watches for around $200. Legible too.

May 22, 2004 at 10:00 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeliao
Hey I could get you a Breitling for like $60. Oh wait, you wanted a real Breitling. Sorry.

If you're looking for chronographs with lots of tiny unreadable numbers...try http://www.chase-durer.com

Sector, Tag, and Tissot makes good watches for around $200. Legible too.

Nice lookin watch there but i wonder what the implications will be about wearing a watch outside of the US saying "special forces"....hmmm intresting!

May 22, 2004 at 10:33 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fickle-Friend
Nice lookin watch there but i wonder what the implications will be about wearing a watch outside of the US saying "special forces"....hmmm intresting!

Well, when it looks as cheap as they do, I don't think you'll have many problems
rolleyes.gif

I've actually got the Tissot that was linked to and it's a nice watch. It's not a Breitling but neither was the price. If you want something that looks and feels like a "real" watch without having to pay an arm and a leg for it, then it's definitely worth looking at. I've had mine for 4 years and apart from having to replace the battery about 18 months ago, no problems whatsoever. It also comes in many more colours tan the two shown above. Go to www.tissot.ch and look for "PRS200"
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

May 22, 2004 at 3:05 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Guess not, what is a recomendation for around $200?

Ebay watches $200

I've been tempted quite a few times to buy a watch from ebay. Maybe off topic, but does anyone one know what the Audiogon of watches is?

May 22, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #13 of 19
First off, if you're looking at the Breitling, I assume you want a mechanical watch (instead of a quartz). I'm not aware of a mechanical at that price.

In the 500-1000 range, you might check out a brand called "Oris". Good value, good reputation.

Jefemeister - don't know the audiogon of watches, but check out equationoftime.com (where there's a sales forum). Another source - I bought a new Girard-Perregaux mechanical from a guy in malaysia and saved a ton of money (about 45% off retail). His website is collectorstime.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back