Watch wearers, left or right?...
Feb 25, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #61 of 77
I'm right-handed (actually, somewhat ambidextrous) and used to wear watches on my left wrist. However, I haven't worn a watch regularly for a while since I always have my cellphone with me and it is almost always far more accurate than any watch I've had and they update themselves. I tended to wear my watches, and bracelets if I wore them, on the loose side since I have very skinny wrists and I had a choice between too loose or having my wrist tendons being squashed.

Feb 25, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #63 of 77
Another lefty confirming that a watch on the right feels wrong.

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #67 of 77
I used to always wear it on my left wrist. I looked at it constantly and would get worried.

Then I tried taking it off for lengths of time to kinda wean myself off it. Then, my watch broke, and I found that I didn't need the security blanket, so to speak, of being able to find out what time it is on my wrist.

However, at that time, I did not regularly carry a cell phone, and if I was in a place without a clock, it was a pita. So I got a belt clip watch.

It's similar to a pocket watch (I have one of them too, it's class), except instead of a chain, there is a carabiner that clips to the belt loop. Also, there usually is not a cover on it, and the clip is on the bottom so that it usually hangs upside down, so you can lift it up and it's facing towards you.

I like the fact that I don't need to have a watch on me any more. If I leave my watch at home, it's no big deal now.

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #69 of 77
Right-handed, and wear my watch on the right wrist. I used to wear it on the left, but one day, I had a massive hangover, and was in a meeting with someone, who asked if I was alright (must've looked pretty ill). I came clean with the cause of my suffering, and she said "You know, Chinese medicine believes that life energy flows into your body through the left arm. If you encircle the wrist with a metal band, though, it cuts off some of that energy". I thought it was total hoo-hah, but figured "what the hell, I can't feel any worse that I already do", so I switched. Within a half hour, I felt at least 50% better, and to this day, wear my watch on the right wrist.

Yes, I am a weak-minded, superstitious person
blink.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #70 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by slick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering which hand you guys wear your watch. I wear on the left, but my other watch wearing friends use their right.

I'm right handed so I have always worn my watch on my right hand.

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #75 of 77
I'm left handed and wear my watch on my left wrist. I don't like to have to take it off to change anything. I take the watch off when I work, but I'd do that whether it was on the right or left wrist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back