Watch the "Tonight Show" tonight!
Aug 10, 2005 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
A young pianist/cellist I know will be performing and talking with Jay Leno tonight (august 9th) on the tonight show. He is amazing, espessially for a 6-year old, although he needs money for additional lessons. Please watch it, I was at the taping today and it was very good.

Thank you!

Aug 10, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #2 of 10
Thanks for the tip. Will watch!

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #3 of 10
Just happened to see the show tonight - Awesome performance. I wonder if his teacher have to modify some pieces so he can play them with his awefully small hands.

I loved how Leno stumped him with the existance of the tooth fairy though - classic :)

Aug 10, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamnid
Just happened to see the show tonight - Awesome performance. I wonder if his teacher have to modify some pieces so he can play them with his awefully small hands.

I loved how Leno stumped him with the existance of the tooth fairy though - classic :)

I saw the taping, but I have yet to see it on television since I am on the west coast.

To answer your question, due to the size of his hands there are some pieces he cannot play - and that does make him angry. His hands can stretch to about 6 keys, so he cannot reach an octave yet. Sometimes, inorder to simulate a chord, he will press a key - hit the pedal- and then quickly press the other key of the chord. However, while that works well for Mendelsohn it doesn't work for many other pieces.

BTW...You don't really believe in the tooth fairy, do you
icon10.gif

Aug 10, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Wow, that child was amazing.

You know him?

Yes, my mom is his (volunteer) publicist.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2005 at 8:48 AM Post #8 of 10
chinese. I am surprised that he'd be mentioned in Australia; it could have been someother pianist.

Aug 10, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #9 of 10
Saw Jay Leno last night and must say that the 6 year old pianist/cellist is just awesome. This the second time I've heard about him but the first I've actually seen him play.

Aug 10, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #10 of 10
DAng, missed it. So he goes back and forth between cello and piano? What music did he play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back