Watch Out! Oleaseed = Phamducduc
Nov 3, 2004 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

artit

New Head-Fier
I am cross-posting from another thread just in case some members haven't read the thread recently.

Oleaseed = Phamducduc, so if you have any dealings with him, please be extremely cautious. Also, be extra careful when dealing with newly registered members from the same area as Phamducduc ... doesn't hurt to take extra precautions.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...t=90736&page=5
------------------------------------------------------------------
I know that I risk a lot of negative replies by posting this, but I have a reasonably strong hunch that oleaseed = phamducduc for the following reasons:

1) oleaseed just registered to headfi on October 27, 2004. If you look at phamducduc's posts, he practically stopped posting after the "incident", so he needed a way to post again ... by applying for a new username.
2) oleaseed posts seem to be arguing for phamducduc.
3) Both of them post in similar subforums.
4) If you look at the previous posts, both of them use similar structure and grammar.
5) Both of them use ":p" at the end of their posts. (oleaseed and phamducduc, don't edit your posts after reading mine.

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #3 of 8
Yes, I am aware of that, but would like to warn other head-fi members who haven't been following the thread.

Nov 3, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 8
I don't think IP bans are that effective. All the person has to do is get on another computer or in most cases, turn your router off for 24 hours, and you will be issued another IP address. In other cases, you get a new IP every time you log on.

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:21 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
I don't think IP bans are that effective. All the person has to do is get on another computer or in most cases, turn your router off for 24 hours, and you will be issued another IP address. In other cases, you get a new IP every time you log on.

If he's on a University account then the IP is probably static for the duration of the year. That's how it was in my dorms to allow the University to keep track of students. Still, the other side is that being at a University means he has a wide range of computer labs at hand.

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:26 PM Post #7 of 8
he can always use a proxy server and possibly another user name
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back