Washington, D.C. Looking To Meet and Test!
Dec 31, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #16 of 58
I might be in depending on when and where... being a college student on winter break without a car has its limitations.
ph34r.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #18 of 58
I just bought a Little Dot MKV this morning - God help my wallet.
biggrin.gif
Can't wait for it to show up!

As far as places, I have a friend that might be willing to host, though I would need to check. They aren't headphone audiophiles (Yet) but they are speaker audiophiles. They might be interested in geeking about the gear!

I also would be up for transportation duties - can carry up to three people, and have a large trunk for ze gear.

With the New Year coming by and all the associated crazy (work schedules, school getting back into the swing of it), I'm thinking maybe late January might be good!

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #19 of 58
The Central Library in Arlington has a large meeting room that can be booked for free. Does anybody have a date preference? I'm sadly out of town the next two Saturdays, but maybe 1/17?

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #20 of 58
Morgan - I also bought a MKV this morning. Guess we'll have two to try out when we get this meet together!

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #21 of 58
I don't want to be too much of a bother since I live in Bethesda, Maryland, and I don't see anyone who lives near me to a hitch a ride off. I think I can just ride the metro, if someone will pick me up from the station, but I won't be able to carry too much. Not a matter of size or weight, just that I don't want weird looks when I bring 8 pairs of headphones onboard and don't want any of them stolen or lost. I think 1/17 sounds good, at least for now.

The more amps, the merrier. I have tons of headphones but almost no amps.
icon10.gif
Speaking of which, let me know which headphones you guys want me to bring from my profile. I will also bring my Stax amp (solid state, so no worries).

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #22 of 58
If we can get date/time/place finalized we'll work out the logistics of travel. If nothing else, I'd be happy to pick you up, Bethesda isn't too far for me since I live right next to the Beltway.

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #23 of 58
1/17 is not a good date. It's inaugural weekend. Traffic is going to be a mess for anyone not in the immediate area.

Since I'm an Arlington resident, I'll contact the library Friday and find out exactly what is needed to sign up for it and when it's available. Then I'll start a new thread with a poll for dates.

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #24 of 58
I'm down for a meet. I'm in Ellicott City, MD. Looking forward to it..

Jan 1, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #26 of 58
yeah sounds perfect scompton. I filled out the application online for booking their space and they said they'd get back to me. I put 1/24 as my backup date, and if they get in touch with me I'll ask for that instead of 1/17. Maybe you can see if you can get the ball rolling as well.

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #27 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to be too much of a bother since I live in Bethesda, Maryland, and I don't see anyone who lives near me to a hitch a ride off. I think I can just ride the metro, if someone will pick me up from the station, but I won't be able to carry too much. Not a matter of size or weight, just that I don't want weird looks when I bring 8 pairs of headphones onboard and don't want any of them stolen or lost. I think 1/17 sounds good, at least for now.

The more amps, the merrier. I have tons of headphones but almost no amps.
icon10.gif
Speaking of which, let me know which headphones you guys want me to bring from my profile. I will also bring my Stax amp (solid state, so no worries).

If we all update our signature's with what amps and cans we own then we can have everyone bring different stuff that way we have more of a variety of headphones for the meet.

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #28 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1/17 is not a good date. It's inaugural weekend. Traffic is going to be a mess for anyone not in the immediate area.

Since I'm an Arlington resident, I'll contact the library Friday and find out exactly what is needed to sign up for it and when it's available. Then I'll start a new thread with a poll for dates.

omg good point that would suck horribly... considering how many people are forecasting to come to DC that weekend. We should definitely move the date.

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #29 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Byrnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
omg good point that would suck horribly... considering how many people are forecasting to come to DC that weekend. We should definitely move the date.

Yeah, Metro will be horrible that weekend and traffic is likely to be much worse than usual too. It's not really a problem for me unless my wife want to leave that weekend.

If it's at the library, it's 3 blocks from Virginia Square metro and 5 blocks from Ballston, so it's convenient if your not taking a lot of equipment.

I have too much equipment to list in my sig, but most of it is in my profile. I can't bring everything, but if anyone has a particular request let me know. I usually bring stuff no one else will have unless someone requests something common in particular. I usually bring enough to need a couple of trips between the room and my car.

Jan 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #30 of 58
scompton, I know you are a fellow member of Team Planar so I will try to make sure to bring all my Fostexen and Stax headphones, as well as my Stax SRM-1/MkII. If you wouldn't mind bringing a bunch of planars too...
tongue.gif
(and a small speaker amp to drive some transformer boxes)

Edit: And maybe your MB Quart QP85 and either K400 or K401 (I want to know how they compare to my flawed and now distant memory of my K501)

List of equipment I'm probably bringing:

Lightly modded Fostex: T20v2, T40v1 (burn hole in pad from tube, don't ask), Fostex T50RPv2

Stax: SR-5NB, SR-Lambda, SR-Lambda Pro, SRM-1/MkII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back