washing off chili oil! :D
Oct 12, 2008 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ruZZ.il

500+ Head-Fier
I just had to share this with.. others.

I tried acetone, alcohol, soap, water, etc.. and didn't feel like pouring all the milk I was going to use for breakfast all over my hands in the name of a painless curry cooking session. I'm not sure why, but while trying to think of how I could get just a little milk to go quite a long way, I thought of mud, and why not with salt?

So I mounded up a little pile of salt in my hand and about a shots worth of milk to top it off and mm was it tasty! I didn't think it would be! (so I didn't actually taste it). but geeze.. rubbing that stuff in my hands left them feeling oh so soft, too.. and that burnin's burnt out
biggrin.gif
oh yeah! It kicks a stainless steel spoon where a spoon doesn't sparkle..

Anyone else have any odd things they'd like to share? :p

Oct 13, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 10
Wear gloves next time...

Oct 14, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #6 of 10
Capsaicin is an irritant, go buy a habanero and split it open and rub it on your skin. It will irritate any tissue it comes into contact with... I've cut a habanero in a small puddle of water and accidentally got some of that water on my forearm, my skin was quite red and had a strong burning sting for a while.

You can put chili pepper in bird seed because birds are unaffected by capsaicin, but the squirrels that eat the seed will be in for a shock.
wink.gif

Oct 14, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #7 of 10
Most muscle salves like Tiger Balm contain capsein. It's what makes the skin and muscle warm.

Oct 14, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can put chili pepper in bird seed because birds are unaffected by capsaicin, but the squirrels that eat the seed will be in for a shock.
wink.gif

Just wondering, Why on earth would you do that!?! An effort to rid your yard of squirrels?

Oct 14, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering, Why on earth would you do that!?! An effort to rid your yard of squirrels?

To stop squirrels from eating all the bird seed? Some people put chili pepper flakes in their garden to deter animals (asides from birds and insects) from mowing down on their veggies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back