WASAPI not working with Winamp
Aug 23, 2013 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tangelo

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I'm trying to use WASAPI on a laptop using Winamp and a TubeMagic D1 connected via USB but nothing will play at all. When using the preinstalled DirectSound or WaveOut dlls everything works fine. I've tried changing the buffer size and using exclusive mode but neither changes anything. Previously, I had my rig set up on a desktop with the TubeMagic connected via optical and everything worked then. If you have any ideas on how to fix the problem it would be a lot of help. Thanks!

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Hello there, I still can't figure out what to do. One thing that was a solution to many people with my problem was to go to to Sound > Speaker Properties > Advanced and check off both boxes, since they hadn't been earlier, but it's still not working for me. I've also tried running WASAPI off of Foobar opposed to Winamp but no luck there either. Maybe If I tried using an optical connection it would work, but from what I can tell USB to optical converters are fairly pricey (being around $60 for a cheap one), so I would really prefer not to buy one of those, especially since it was working earlier. If anyone has any idea at all on what to do it would be really helpful.

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 5
Which Output rate do you have the Wasapi pointing to in Foobar?  Did you try running it in 16-bit mode?  You might have it set higher, but would need to adjust somethings to allow the output at that level.  Minimize your setting down to 16 bit and see what happens.

Or, what about your properties for Exclusive mode?  Locate your sound device under Control Panel in Windows.  Then go into the properties for the appropriate device and see what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back