WASAPI issues in foobar
Mar 20, 2011 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

adrift

500+ Head-Fier
Hey folks. Hoping you all can help, cause I'm not finding any good answers Googling the issue. I'm running the latest foobar2K (non-beta) in Windows 7 x64 SP1. I have an iBasso D10 Cobra portable amp/dac running to a LittleDot mkiii tube amp to Senn HD650s. When I select WASAPI S/PDIF in the Output in foobar I receive the following error:

Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 44100 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels

Buffer length in foobar is set to 500 ms, output data is set to 24-bit.

I checked to make sure that in Playback I have Digital Audio selected at 2 channel, 24 bit, 44100 HZ.

Audio only plays in foobar if I select output to Digital Audio (S/PDIF). I've tried experimenting with 16 bit mode, and that didn't help either.

Its been this way since before I upgraded to SP1, but I just ignored it and played in standard S/PDIF mode without WASAPI, but decided today to be pro-active and see if anyone can help.

I have a Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H motherboard, which seems to depend on Realtek drivers. It doesn't seem to matter if I choose the Realtek drivers on the manufacturer's website or if I allow Windows to select their own audio driver package for me (which seem to be non-Realtek). Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mar 20, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 14
What me confuses is the fact of 6 channels in the error message? Have you tried the KS plugin for Foobar and or the Asio driver?

Mar 20, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #5 of 14
Have you tried the KS plugin and or the Asio driver? And is there the same problem?

Mar 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #6 of 14
sry double post.. :)

Mar 20, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 14
The KS plugin? I'm not sure I'm familiar with that. I have ASIO installed, but I'm currently not seeing it in my startup toolbar area. Maybe I need to reinstall it, but I was under the assumption that under Win7 it wasn't necessary. Anyhow, I'll try reinstalling it, and see if that makes difference.

Mar 20, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #8 of 14
Ok, I downloaded the KS plugin and put it in my component folder. No help. I also tried reinstalling ASIO, and no change there either.

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #9 of 14
No change by means of that the error pops up again??

I also have WIN7 x64 SP1 with foobar running. So, I will have a look this evening after work..!!

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #10 of 14
The most common reason why that error message happen is because the file you're playing isn't what it stated to be.  Most likely it's a different sample rate.  For this reason it's much easier to make sure foobar resamples all sound files to what you've specified windows defaulted sound out specs.   ie,  what your specified format was.  

Mar 21, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
Have you tried the KS plugin and or the Asio driver? And is there the same problem?

Kernel streaming is not useable with the majority of situations on vista/7 and asio only works with an asio compatible soundcard (something I doubt the ibasso is).

Which version of Wasapi have you got, if it's an old one these problems were quite common with the first releases, maybe download a new one. Are the files themselves 6 channels? Or have you got any pseudo surround sound plug-ins enabled? Otherwise that error makes no sense. The only other thing I can suggest is an S/PDIF passthrough, though they're known to be quite buggy, http://www.ga.cba.pl/

Mar 21, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
Kernel streaming is not useable with the majority of situations on vista/7 and asio only works with an asio compatible soundcard (something I doubt the ibasso is).

Ou..then I have another Kernel streaming running :)

Maybe I was too fast. I am using KS with the HiFace and all USB outputs and the ASIO with the Toslink output as well as the USB outputs..

Mar 21, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
Are the files themselves 6 channels? Or have you got any pseudo surround sound plug-ins enabled? 

Yep, this was the issue. I have a channel mixer plug-in that's somehow not compatible with WASAPI. If I remove the plug-in or choose the standard digital output instead, I don't receive the error. Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back