WASAPI help
Aug 1, 2010 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

n0ah

100+ Head-Fier
on windows 7 with this only needed on foobar. have it installed for just my laptop speakers. foobar output: wasapi: speakers (realtek high definition audio), only question is if this should be on 16 bit or 24 bit. main issue though is when pausing music i can't stream audio from my browser. i'd like to not have to stop/exit foobar when i need to break to stream something. i believe i also cant do a skypecall when my foobar is paused either. any ideas?

Aug 1, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 5
24bit seems to be my sound card's default setting, so I leave it at that. Unless you have 24-bit audio, I assume that setting doesn't make a difference audio-wise.

Turning WASAPI on gives fb2k full control over your sound card's resources while it plays music, and apparently the program holds on to those resources until you stop the playback. I don't think there's a way to change that.

Aug 1, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 5
Go into your sound device settings and see if its set to allow exclusive mode. (right click the volume/speaker icon in the notification area, click Playback Devices, and then click the one you want to check, then Properties, and it should be under the Advanced Tab).

You could also switch to directsound, as with laptop speakers I doubt you'll notice much of a difference.

Aug 4, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #4 of 5
yeah it is set as that. i took it off and it wouldn't play. i also have asio4all and its the same thing. so there's no way to be able to turn foobar off and on freely without having to restart my browser for audio streaming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back