Was wondering if these Ultrasones are legit?
May 19, 2010 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AMK8789

New Head-Fier
I saw these on ebay. The seller has excellent feedback and has been on ebay since 1999 (he claims that). But what puts me off is that even though they are new ( or so the seller claims) the box has been opened, thus it is an open boxed item and the description says that too. Also what puts me off is that there are no actual photos of the headphones and that he has posted the PRO 2500 and the PROLine 2500 press release pics which is confusing since those are from different years and model revisions. The description says that they are the PROs. So are they legit and if they are have you bought headphones from this seller in the past??

Thanks in advance,
AMK8789

Link:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRASONE-PRO2500-PRO-2500-OPEN-BACK-STUDIO-HEADPHONES-/230473555945?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting&hash=item35a94b5fe9 

PS - Ultrasone doesnt list authorized dealers on their website. Do you guys know of any authorized dealers????

May 19, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 9
Here's a list of authorized dealers. http://ultrasone.com/index_en.php?level=1&CatID=14&inhalt_id=14&do=land&cont=2&land=8&art=1
I don't think they list ebay sellers though. I'd ask the seller those questions. I guess you could also ask him to take pictures of one of the pairs of headphones with his ebay seller name on them to verify. He seems to check out but that seems like a very low price for those cans. If he does end up being legit I'd be interested.

May 20, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 9
I bought my Pro 750s from him.  Said they were open box, but I would have believed him if he said they were new.  Shipped quickly, perfect condition, good transaction.

May 20, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 9
Let the price be your guide my son....
o2smile.gif

I always buy my headphones from authorized retailers to avoid problems on warranty etc...

May 20, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #5 of 9
 DUDE WOw lOook

[size=large] ULTRASONE PRO2500 PRO-2500 OPEN-BACK STUDIO HEADPHONES[/size]

DO THE Pic look like an open back to me??????? Idk.. maybe im wrong.. just something i saw

May 20, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 9
^^ That's what the can's look like and yes they're open back. I'd trust Marximus plus this seller has a 100% rating and "Top Rated Seller" status. Go for it.

May 20, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 9
Sorry :frowning2: im a dumb ass :D  well i tried!! enjoy them if u get them :p

May 20, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #8 of 9
^^^^
its cool dude. Don't sweat it.
I am going to contact the seller and ask him to send me some actual pics. That was a great idea Napalmk.
And to desktophifi - price is always a consideration if the product is fake or not and i understand that. thanks for your input
smile_phones.gif

I was looking at prices for 2500s because Ultrasone recently released the 2900 and my logic was that the 2500 will go down in price. (please correct me if im wrong. my logic could be false because some headphones are coveted and actually go up in value.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back