Warranty TF10 Ebay
Dec 8, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 16
I bought a pair from ebay too, which I should receive tommorow or next week. 

I guess if you ask the seller to send you a copy of the invoice, you can use the warranty?

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #7 of 16
I just purchased the UE700 and after reading about how "flimsy" they are i decided to spend a few bucks and insure
my purchase for 3 years with squaretrade.

Quote:
You could always opt for square-trade, they've been reliable for me.

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #9 of 16
If your friend bought it for you, then he may need to help you with any warranty claims.

When I submitted a warranty issue, they asked me for my proof of purchase.  I sent them a PDF of my Amazon invoice.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
If your friend bought it for you, then he may need to help you with any warranty claims.

When I submitted a warranty issue, they asked me for my proof of purchase.  I sent them a PDF of my Amazon invoice.

Same here, Amazon invoice was good enough to claim warranty. But IEMs must have been bought from Amazon itself, not Amazon Marketplace.

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #11 of 16
I read somewhere in the TF10 appreciation thread that someone contacted Logitech regarding a warranty repair on their TF10 - and they apparently looked up a serial number on the cable (?) I can't find one..... Not ready to go through another 300+ pages to find that post.... I bought a pair from an ebay seller and he was to send me a copy of his Amazon receipt (personal info redacted) - but if there was a way for them to look up when they were actually sold - that would be nice....  You would think an item that listed for $400 would have a serial number.... Not sure if my IE8's have one somewhere...

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #12 of 16
No.  The TF10 cable nor the earpieces themselves has a serial number.  Most universal IEM don't and if it does, it's generic and copied through out the batches.  If you want to secure a product warranty, don't by second hand or from non-authorized sources.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
No.  The TF10 cable nor the earpieces themselves has a serial number.  Most universal IEM don't and if it does, it's generic and copied through out the batches.  If you want to secure a product warranty, don't by second hand or from non-authorized sources.

I spoke to a CSR just this past Sunday about my TF10's. He asked for a combo of numbers and a letter thats on the 3.5mm plug. After giving him that he was willing to replace mine under warranty, I bought them from someone on these forums.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #14 of 16

Quote:
I read somewhere in the TF10 appreciation thread that someone contacted Logitech regarding a warranty repair on their TF10 - and they apparently looked up a serial number on the cable (?) I can't find one..... Not ready to go through another 300+ pages to find that post.... I bought a pair from an ebay seller and he was to send me a copy of his Amazon receipt (personal info redacted) - but if there was a way for them to look up when they were actually sold - that would be nice....  You would think an item that listed for $400 would have a serial number.... Not sure if my IE8's have one somewhere...

That would be me. Here is some of the online chat.

02:55:19 PM] Hi, my name is Joel. How may I help you?
[02:55:53 PM] eric: I was replacing my cable on my triplefi and the socket came out and needs fixing what do I need to do?
[02:56:51 PM] Joel: I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficulty. I’ll be glad to help you today. Let's check your warranty Eric. If you look on the 3.5mm headphone jack, between the U and E symbols, you will see 1-2 letters followed by 2-3 numbers. Can you give me that please?
[02:58:09 PM] Joel: are you still with me Eric?
[02:58:23 PM] eric : yeah looking now
[02:58:48 PM] eric : I see F** on the side
[03:00:06 PM] Joel: Thanks Eric. I can get you a replacement, but I will need the old ones back first. Also, we do not have any in stock at the moment, but as soon as they come in, a set will ship out to you. So, Within 24 hours you will receive an email with a link to a UPS e-label. Please put your product in any box, then attach the label to the box, and take it to your nearest UPS store. Once we receive your product, we will ship out your replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back