Warning to all HDTracks users
Oct 19, 2009 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

351Cleveland

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere (I searched and didn't find anything), but I just received an email from HDTracks notifying me that several users reported that their credit card numbers were hacked from HDTracks. I can attest to the veracity of the users' claims as my credit card number was stolen right after I signed up with HDTracks. Anyone else here have their credit card number stolen? I hope others have had better luck.

Oct 20, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 6
I don't think HDTracks knows how they were hacked, which is what I think was the case. Its only happening to those with saved credit card data on their account. I was lucky to use Paypal. They have posted messages to several forums to recommend customers to cancel credit cards used and get a new one just in case.

Oct 21, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think HDTracks knows how they were hacked, which is what I think was the case. Its only happening to those with saved credit card data on their account. I was lucky to use Paypal. They have posted messages to several forums to recommend customers to cancel credit cards used and get a new one just in case.

Are they offering up free tracks for those that were injured during this event? I would hope so. Perhaps a year's worth of free tracks would be enough.

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 6
They are being really lame about it, IMO. I got the warning email, that's it. Fortunately for me, the credit card number they had for me was old and had already been changed. But I doubt I will use them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back