Warning: Not for the faint of heart
Jan 30, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 16
...what was this guy thinking? I guess he had to go hardcore since programs do exist that emulate windows on a mac. It's called Virtual PC. But it's kind of cool that he gave his old parts to a friend. I imagine someone is going to think this is heresy...

Jan 30, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 16
What a moron. Even if you don't like Macs why would you destroy an expensive machine like that?

His parents should return him and get their money back.

Was it George Carlin or Bill Cosby who had the line about abortion being legal until the age of 18, then kids would listen.

Mitch

Jan 30, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #4 of 16
The sad part is that the Althon is about as fast as the G5 it replaced.
biggrin.gif

Still, What? I wish I had that much money to throw away. Nevermind, I wouldnt want to have parents that stupid, because I would've inherited that stupidity.

I don't like Macs, but I wouldn't have gutted it like that. Piss poor mod job too.

The PC in a Mac bit has been done before. And it has been done alot better. This guy just had money and no imagination.

-Ed

Jan 30, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #5 of 16
That is wrong in every way I can think of.

The worst part is the green neon. If I were "his friend", I would kill him for that offense. I'm no mac fan, but this is crossing the line.

Jan 30, 2004 at 4:36 AM Post #6 of 16
I wonder if my action is a worst crime.

I have my G4 mac in a 4U rackmount.
biggrin.gif
I just like things stacked.

Jan 30, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
The sad part is that the Althon is about as fast as the G5 it replaced.
biggrin.gif

I hope you're kidding, 'cause whatever's in that case now is a far worse computer than the G5....

Jan 30, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #8 of 16
so basically he made a very expensive Mac case for a PC.

He should have taken a really big LCD monitor and put all the PC guts inside it.

Jan 30, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #9 of 16
OMG....What

-____-

Jan 30, 2004 at 8:25 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

I use it mostly for Internet, ripping music/DVDs and pissing off my friend.

What a moron. He destroyed a very good machine just to run Windows XP and do the exact same things he could have done just as well as he could have if he left that G5 intact. And it's a butt-ugly job he did of putting PC parts in that case, too.

Jan 30, 2004 at 2:46 PM Post #14 of 16
Did you guys even read the text? The guy got a G5 shell from somewhere and basically modded it into a PC. He didn't actually rip the guts of the G5 out, that part was a joke.

Jan 30, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
Did you guys even read the text? The guy got a G5 shell from somewhere and basically modded it into a PC. He didn't actually rip the guts of the G5 out, that part was a joke.

That stuff was added later. When I first read the article the above links points to the additions were not yet in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back