WARNING! hp mini 1000
Feb 3, 2009 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

zac_in_ak

New Head-Fier
I just picked up an hp mini note 1000 it has a dual mic/headphones jack. The sound that is produced by this netbook is horrible no bass treble seems thin and veiled the mid has nothing it is easily the worst audio I have heard ever! sadly my Ipods (3gen nano and 4gen ipod color sound way better and that gives you an idea of how the sound is coming from this thing. Don't know if its the combo jack or what I will be dropping hp a line about this and will post what they say.

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 10
Well, it's a small (small) computer...costs had to be cut somewhere, and you know many companies take sound quality for granted.

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #4 of 10
Ha! fixed it..sorta I installed windows 7 beta and the sound is VASTLY improved. I am thinking it was the driver that got put with it because win7 w/o a driver from hp just a generic sounds way better. So when its time to reinstall xp it goes on with no driver! See some times beta is beeta

Feb 5, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by zac_in_ak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha! fixed it..sorta I installed windows 7 beta and the sound is VASTLY improved. I am thinking it was the driver that got put with it because win7 w/o a driver from hp just a generic sounds way better. So when its time to reinstall xp it goes on with no driver! See some times beta is beeta

This means it wasnt your hardware and could have been remedied without installing a beta OS.

Feb 5, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #6 of 10
true but I like to tinker and wanted to try out win7 better sound was just a nice gimmee
atsmile.gif
the only downside is I cant get itunes to install but using VLC for now...beta= computer tube rolling
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #7 of 10
I read that Windows Beta 7 works great with Netbooks and are geared toward them as well. Microsoft seems to see that Linux is taking off in the Netbook arena and want to have Windows 7 on the netbooks when they do release it. I find it fun to tinker as well
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #8 of 10
first time in like 3 years I have used windows on a primary machine before win7 was using osX and before that ubuntu it show a lot of promise......

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by zac_in_ak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
first time in like 3 years I have used windows on a primary machine before win7 was using osX and before that ubuntu it show a lot of promise......

Oh come on.

7 is not that much different than Vista. I'm not sayign thats a bad thing either. I never really had any major complaints about Vista except for some UI quirks that mostly still haven't been addressed in 7.

The biggest benefit 7 brings is improved performance on older hardware.

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #10 of 10
My biggest complaints about windows vista was spotty driver support and it is a resource pig win 7 is much faster but of course still driver issues it is a beta but still much better...I would consider win7 as vista done right when it comes to resource utilization if they roll out better driver support they could recoup some of the losses from vista

Users who are viewing this thread

Back