WARNING: Do Not Purchase from Audioadvice.com
Aug 1, 2018 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bclark8923

500+ Head-Fier
Just wanted to throw some warning out there, that this company has been despicable to work with and no one here should ever buy from them again.

I purchased a pair of headphones from them through Amazon. As many of us do we try things out and don't like them so decide to return. In this case I bought a HEX V2 from them, returned and got an Ananda instead.

I dropped the HEX V2 Return at UPS unsealed because they'll seal it for you as part of their service (my mistake this time). Well someone at UPS took the item out of the box and shipped an empty package to Audio Advice. These things happen and I'm ok with this. But here's where Audio Advice is terrible.

The item is Insured and it was shipped under their shipper account, all they have to do is file a damaged item claim with UPS and they'll get the money back and can then refund me.
They have REFUSED to file a claim on my behalf with UPS and are leaving me out my $1200.

Because the label is generated by Amazon under their shipper account I'm not allowed to file a claim with UPS or even get any information about the claim they did file (which they told me was they filed to get their shipping costs refunded to them, but failed to ask for the lost headphones value) because I'm not technically the shipper in their system. Pretty much telling me they don't care about their customers at all.

Just a word of warning for dealing with this vendor.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #3 of 9
never ever imo leave an open package and or have ups box one for u i also learned the hard way a couple years back. i actually bought a roll of packing tape that shows when something has been opened, now i put a small section over anywhere the package can be opened and take a picture of said box. i had a similar experience with a online merchant and started doing this so i can state if the seal was broken then someone opened it along the way

Aug 4, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 9
never ever imo leave an open package and or have ups box one for u i also learned the hard way a couple years back. i actually bought a roll of packing tape that shows when something has been opened, now i put a small section over anywhere the package can be opened and take a picture of said box. i had a similar experience with a online merchant and started doing this so i can state if the seal was broken then someone opened it along the way

Oh yeah totally agreed I shouldn't have done that. I'm not trying to hide that fact. I'm mostly extremely annoyed Audio Advice won't file an insurance loss claim with UPS for me, Audio Advice pretty much told me to screw off.

Aug 5, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #6 of 9
Just wanted to throw some warning out there, that this company has been despicable to work with and no one here should ever buy from them again.

I purchased a pair of headphones from them through Amazon. As many of us do we try things out and don't like them so decide to return. In this case I bought a HEX V2 from them, returned and got an Ananda instead.

I dropped the HEX V2 Return at UPS unsealed because they'll seal it for you as part of their service (my mistake this time). Well someone at UPS took the item out of the box and shipped an empty package to Audio Advice. These things happen and I'm ok with this. But here's where Audio Advice is terrible.

The item is Insured and it was shipped under their shipper account, all they have to do is file a damaged item claim with UPS and they'll get the money back and can then refund me.
They have REFUSED to file a claim on my behalf with UPS and are leaving me out my $1200.

Because the label is generated by Amazon under their shipper account I'm not allowed to file a claim with UPS or even get any information about the claim they did file (which they told me was they filed to get their shipping costs refunded to them, but failed to ask for the lost headphones value) because I'm not technically the shipper in their system. Pretty much telling me they don't care about their customers at all.

Just a word of warning for dealing with this vendor.
Thanks for the advice and sorry for the unfortunate occurance.

I don't understand. Are you the one that insured the package? Wouldn't you be required to file? I guess the evidance is scarce? Wouldn't they document the weight of the package before shipping out?

Aug 5, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 9
Claims with ups are not that easy. What proof do they have that the headphones were in the box when ups received the box? See where this is going. Why would you leave a box with them and not have them seal it right then or ask them for the tape?

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #8 of 9
Claims with ups are not that easy. What proof do they have that the headphones were in the box when ups received the box? See where this is going. Why would you leave a box with them and not have them seal it right then or ask them for the tape?

Thanks for the advice and sorry for the unfortunate occurance.

I don't understand. Are you the one that insured the package? Wouldn't you be required to file? I guess the evidance is scarce? Wouldn't they document the weight of the package before shipping out?

I wouldn’t be upset if the claim was filed and I lost and didn’t get a refund. I’m upset that since the return label from Amazon was generated under Audio Advices account they’re considered the shipper and not me. Therefore only they are allowed to file a claim. They refused to file a claim for me, but they did file a claim to get their own shipping costs on the return refunded and they won that claim. That’s literally the worst customer service I think I’ve ever experienced in the Audio world.

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #9 of 9
I wouldn’t be upset if the claim was filed and I lost and didn’t get a refund. I’m upset that since the return label from Amazon was generated under Audio Advices account they’re considered the shipper and not me. Therefore only they are allowed to file a claim. They refused to file a claim for me, but they did file a claim to get their own shipping costs on the return refunded and they won that claim. That’s literally the worst customer service I think I’ve ever experienced in the Audio world.
I can understand that. I would file with amazon now under thier guarantee and if that does not help file with your credit card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back