Warning about Kyle of Reference Audio Mods
Jun 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #76 of 79
Quote:
Check out www.referenceaudiomods.com

It appears that Kyle has closed up shop and disappeared from view.
Is he gone and gone for good?
Only time will tell for sure.

Time Heals all Wounds and Time Wounds ALL HEELS!!!

Thank goodness whatever happened to your old "mess" of a mod Kyle did for you? Moved onto to other equipment now?

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #77 of 79
Oh, I moved on to other gear back in 2006 when he excused himself as he just couldn't leave his girlfriend alone to care for their 3 month old child. Figure that one out and you may have a clue as to how this man thinks. I asked him if there was complications or if she was ill as my mother had 4 children and I couldn't ever remember my Dad never stayed home for even a day.

He replied, "No, I just want to be there, I can't leave her" !

That was the final straw that broke the camel's back for me, I was wildly upset and knew I had to back off.
I immediately dove into tubed gear and vinyl, had that upgraded and started this thread one day when
I had run across another thread on Asylum where he was acting like a big shot cleaning up after his ex-partner
when he had actually caused the problem to begin with.

The hypocrisy just spun my head around. I had to let others know just what an inconsiderate and incompetent fool he was to think that his lack of electronics education/training and business ethics would never catch up with him.

That and "of coarse" a rare and chronic form of Asian Flu which renders one helplessly unable to solder, finish work on time or deliver as contracted.

quote:
I was shocked that Jason Serinus at Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity still recommends this A-hole and Reference Audio Mods for his PS audio transport. He did say the soldering was shabby, but due to Kyle having the flu!!!

No wonder he goes into hiding and doesn't answer the phone.

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #78 of 79
Quote:
Thank goodness whatever happened to your old "mess" of a mod Kyle did for you? Moved onto to other equipment now?

Kyle, did come and cash me out of that ridicules Carver ZR1600 amp, yes the very one he vowed so many times on this forum that he would never refund me for and drove it away with him.

On my Marantz Sa-8260 he replaced the transport module, also he states that he added "$800.00" worth of mods (as claimed on a Audiogon forum posting) which amounted to removing 24 capacitors, replacing the buffer ($40 of parts) and some rewiring.
He kept all those caps I had paid for to be [size=12pt]repurposed[/size] into his next mod, as he would say "taking you to the next level"  Why $800.00 for his $40 of parts mod? Where he mostly removed parts I suppose that if you are "selling the world's most expensive parts for the best sound, why wouldn't his time be the most expensive also?? When most audio techs charge on the average $60-$80 per hour  ~~~~

His rates amounted to $100-$150 per hour which can really add up!
That's How and Why he Claimed he added an $800 mod!!!!

When Kyle delivered the Marantz SA-8260 sounded so closed in and no depth or bass response. Actually worse than I could have imagined. He said, "Jim, there's something wrong with your system and quickly left. The Audio Consulting Silver Rock that he agreed to add two more sets of RCA inputs and a 3-way switch ( I supplied these parts) that he had miss-wired it so badly that I had to have someone else straighten out all the switching and output wiring. It was such a joke!!

So there you have the whole story!  At least he is not around to abuse anyone else from now on!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back