Warner Bros. to Remake Bruce Lee's "Enter the Dragon"
Aug 16, 2007 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

soundboy

Headphoneus Supremus
From this Yahoo News item

Quote:

HONG KONG - Bruce Lee's classic 1973 film, "Enter the Dragon," will be remade by Warner Bros.

The remake, to be titled "Awaken the Dragon," will be written and directed by Kurt Sutter, producer of "The Shield" TV series. It will be released by Warner Independent Pictures.

In an e-mail Thursday to The Associated Press, Warner Bros. publicist Laura Kim said the movie will tell the story of an FBI agent who investigates a Shaolin monk and underground kung fu fight clubs.

China's Shaolin Temple is renowned for its martial-arts tradition.

Kim declined to reveal the casting choices, budget or shooting schedule.

Lee played a kung fu fighter who infiltrates an island occupied by a rogue martial arts artist in "Enter the Dragon."

He died in 1973, at 32, from swelling of the brain.

Lee was known for movies in which he portrayed characters that defend the Chinese and the working class from oppressors.

He was born in San Francisco but grew up in Hong Kong, where he made his name as an actor.

Aug 16, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why on earth would anyone remake this awful film?

I personally thought it was pretty good...

Aug 16, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 28
There are plenty of people as good at Kung Fu as Bruce Lee, but noone has his presence. He was a pure actor - ultra minimalist! He just had to stand there!
Too many re-makes these days, but everyone knows that
frown.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are plenty of people as good at Kung Fu as Bruce Lee, but noone has his presence. He was a pure actor - ultra minimalist! He just had to stand there!
frown.gif

I agree. They should leave it alone instead of tryin to cash in on his name

Aug 16, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Leave the movie alone. They got it right the first time. I watched in in high def a couple weeks ago. Its still awesome.

Aug 16, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #8 of 28
Oh my god, how can they remake this movie? It's a BRUCE LEE movie!! Without Bruce Lee, it just can't be. This is terrible.

Aug 16, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #9 of 28
Yeah, I'm leaning towards not liking it already too, but I guess the market and critics will ultimately decide.

Now, does this mean we can get a remake of the movie-let "A Fistful Of Yen" from Kentucky Fried Movie? (anyone who liked Enter The Dragon should get/rent this movie just for that mini-film!)

Aug 16, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #11 of 28
Seriously, why make a remake? Its not like the original concept was all that brilliant. What made that movie awesome was Bruce Lee. This is one movie that absolutely should not be remade.

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #12 of 28
My question: who is dumb (or brave) enough to think they can be Bruce Lee?

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #15 of 28
I'm gonna have to wait to see who gets casted... Whoever gets casted to be the lead better have mad kung fu skills...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back