Warmest DAC of all time?
Apr 22, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #20 of 23
Wow, fascinating. Okay noted!

May 7, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #22 of 23
I would also say that the Border Patrol leans pleasantly warm, but I wouldn't claim it dark or having a particularly black background. I have a xDuoo MT-603 coming in the mail today or tomorrow that I was planning in running from my BP and I have a pair of dark and warm Sylvanias, I could let you know how that goes if you don't mind me cheating.

I think the xDuoo MT-603 was a pretty ignored product because it got marketed as a preamplifier, but it's actually a tube buffer with no amplification stage. If it's good, it really has no competition because the only other recent and similar product (that I know of) is the Ifi Micro iTube Tube Buffer and that got discontinued a while back.

If you ask me, it looks like the right cheat code and I don't mind cheating :smirk:
Interesting this is how I use the Oriolus BA300 mkii. The mkii (the new one) no longer has a amplifier in it. I Guess it’s sorta like how you are going use the Xduoo MT-603 unit.
From the Oriolus BA300 it’s run into the xDuoo ta20 with 12BH7 tubes. Kinda weird setup but I love how it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back